Peter Reid on the echo's royal blue podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim cahill

Player Valuation: £50m
It's great to hear him talking about Everton with such passion. Can't help but think it would be great for more people like him to be involved in our current setup.

A few of the points he raised:

Koeman needs to settle on a formation and play the same team so the players know what to do.

Koeman needs to do what he can to raise the players confidence/morale.

Players need to step up and take more responsibility and show a bit more desire especially against the *****.

The fans need to get behind the team more. Booing at half time is helping nobody. Reference to the B Munich game when the fans made the difference.

Boris Johnson is a ****.

I'd recommend it.

It's great to hear him talking about Everton with such passion. Can't help but think it would be great for more people like him to be involved in our current setup.

Koeman needs to settle on a formation and play the same team so the players know what to do.

Players need to step up and take more responsibility and show a bit more desire especially against the *****.

The fans need to get behind the team more. Booing at half time is helping nobody. Reference to the B Munich game when the fans made the difference.

Boris Johnson is a ****.

I'd recommend it.
yeah I enjoyed. It’s nice that In a past life everton had players who weren’t afraid Of playing in a derby , in fact they used to thrive on playing in them .

Another ex-player telling the fans how we should be behaving.

Think there is a bit of a difference between booing at HT now and against Bayern in a semi-final when fans had already just seen their team win the league and we're going for the treble!
He’s only speaking from experience and having managed Sunderland, city and Leeds he knows a bit about hostile support .

Koeman needs to do what he can to raise the players confidence/morale
I watched Wales playing yesterday and thought exactly the same re a settled formation and players knowing what to do. Individually you'd think only 3 or 4 of the Wales team would get into a PL team but they all know their roles, all play for the team and even take away their best player and they still function well.

Boris Johnson is a ****.

I'd recommend it.
Can't disagree with anything Reidy says.

Another ex-player telling the fans how we should be behaving.

Think there is a bit of a difference between booing at HT now and against Bayern in a semi-final when fans had already just seen their team win the league and we're going for the treble!
So you think it's beneficial for the team to hear boos at half time?

So you think it's beneficial for the team to hear boos at half time?
A crowd is reactive to what they see on the pitch.

I don't know how many times this same point needs to be made.

Expectations are big here, if the players aren't meeting these expectations, or at least showing a willingness to, then they won't be happy-clapped off the pitch.

We are not a Huddersfield, just in the Premier League for the ride, we are a team paying a manager one of the biggest salaries in World football and a team who have spent a fair chunk of money.

If someone is paying their hard-earned money to watch us play, they have a right to express their opinion how they see fit.

A crowd is reactive to what they see on the pitch.

I don't know how many times this same point needs to be made.

Expectations are big here, if the players aren't meeting these expectations, or at least showing a willingness to, then they won't be happy-clapped off the pitch.

We are not a Huddersfield, just in the Premier League for the ride, we are a team paying a manager one of the biggest salaries in World football and a team who have spent a fair chunk of money.

If someone is paying their hard-earned money to watch us play, they have a right to express their opinion how they see fit.
They have the right to. But it's not going to help the team, it's going to make things worse. So if people see themselves as an Everton 'supporters' then I don't see why they would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.