Penalty takers

Status
Not open for further replies.
He apparently signed a 4 year extension in December, so I would consider our possibilities of getting him long term slim to zilch. :(

i hate saha`s penalties - surely hes lost his place now. donovans a cool customer and should be given more dead ball opportunities, pens and freekicks

Agreed. Donovan drew the penalty, he should have been rewarded with the PK, and I am confident he would have put it in the back of the net.

He apparently signed a 4 year extension in December, so I would consider our possibilities of getting him long term slim to zilch. :(

MLS locked him up so he could go out on Loan. It was the only way they could loan him. MLS wants to sell him, which is why the locked him up.

MLS is a business and they are content with letting the best US player leave if the price is right. If Everton signs him, they will earn their money back just in the US alone as Landon would have a huge following.

I'd go with that, but the chelsea game, Sir Landon should of taken it imo

to be honest if i was moyes, with saha already on the one goal
plus all the goals he's scored in the past i would of risked it
i actually wouldnt of thought it would be a risk but obviously after
that things need to get sorted so next time hopefully there will
be a change , just a shame he didnt score it [hatrick against chelsea]
havnt seen many people do that before COYB!! bring on sporting&uinted!

Balls to my original post. My first choice penalty takers - Unsworth. Ball. Graham Stuart. Bally available on a free, Unsy and Stuart could be persuaded out of retirement... I'd put my life on Unsworth to score from the spot

Weren't he the last one to miss against the [Poor language removed] ???
( I too , loved Undies , though . Proper Evertonian , Hay' .)

I'd agree with this.

I'm a believer that if you earned the penalty, you should get the chance to convert it. He's clearly got the skill to finish from the spot.
Interesting.
For years there is a theory existing that player who earned a penalty shouldn't convert it, it's quite aften used by coaches and announcers during the game, after penalty isn't converted, by the same player who got fouled in penalty box.

Status
Not open for further replies.