Penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipp blue

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Penalties per game over 10 years. No surprise to see Everton tied for last place, and last among the ever presents. Leicester are top on penalties per game, and having played 150 less games than Everton have gotten 7 more penalties.
Are we too quiet in acceptance decisions, last year we had 3 stone wall penalties not allowed off the top of my head, Ali handball and fouls on Coleman and Walcott. These are decisions you see United, Liverpool and Leicester get regularly given.

How to cheat you mean?
Yep
a2603983-abd5-47cf-a1a4-5e7a0d24914b-jpeg.117285

All as above, but you have to be in the box to get penalties, under Roberto etc, we’d have loads of possession but wouldn’t ever get into the box.

The penalty we won against Spurs, if Richarlison goes down from the same contact as DCL, no pen is given IMO.

I think the shove in the back on Richarlison was just as much a pen and if it had been any other player on the pitch, it would’ve been given.

He’s got a reputation as a diver, even though he gets lumps kicked out of him most games.

Forget what my point is now tbh.

Give us more pens maybe?

We don't have any players who run at people in the area, at pace. All those teams have or had players like that.

There are very few opportunities for Everton to get penalties, whereas some players will run at people knowing defenders can't touch them, or they'll go down. Everton need to recruit a player like this, not a diver but someone who can beat a man and dribble/run at pace.

We don't have any players who run at people in the area, at pace. All those teams have or had players like that.

There are very few opportunities for Everton to get penalties, whereas some players will run at people knowing defenders can't touch them, or they'll go down. Everton need to recruit a player like this, not a diver but someone who can beat a man and dribble/run at pace.
We have 1 Richarlson, he often gets taken down and never gets anything, and contact is regularly a lot more than made Salah go down like he was shot.

We have 1 Richarlson, he often gets taken down and never gets anything, and contact is regularly a lot more than made Salah go down like he was shot.

He's not quick mate, I agree he should get more penalties than he does, but he's hardly running at people with pace, which is probably why he doesn't get them, because it doesn't look like he's away from them.

The penalty we won against Spurs, if Richarlison goes down from the same contact as DCL, no pen is given IMO.

I think the shove in the back on Richarlison was just as much a pen and if it had been any other player on the pitch, it would’ve been given.

He’s got a reputation as a diver, even though he gets lumps kicked out of him most games.

Forget what my point is now tbh.

Give us more pens maybe?

I genuinely blame Carragher for the Richarlison thing. He has a real problem with the lad and calls him out unfairly all the time.

It's all a bit ridiculous given how he never opens his mouth when one of the reds go down easily

There's 3 main issues as far as I see it

1) We don't get enough touches in the opposition box
2) We don't tend to run at players in the opposition box
3) We aren't very subtle at going down when there is little bits of contact

We've also had some fairly poor decisions at times. We did get a soft one on Wednesday to be fair, although arguably should have had another as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.