Penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it before, the top teams have/had rapid players who drive into the box on a regular basis (Vardy, Salah, Rashford, Hazard etc). We don't really play with the ball in the box, more often than not it's a cross put into the area but the one time it happened with DCL against Spurs we got a pen.
We had Andy Johnson and he never got them.

Yep
a2603983-abd5-47cf-a1a4-5e7a0d24914b-jpeg.117285
How on earth a ref can give that as a pen let alone VAR is totally beyond my comprehension.

11 mins into Leicester game and Salad’s toe touched the toe of a defender, both hands up and theatrical dive. VAR rightly chalked it off but why not instruct ref to restrospectively issue a yellow. Would put a stop to his unending nonsense

11 mins into Leicester game and Salad’s toe touched the toe of a defender, both hands up and theatrical dive. VAR rightly chalked it off but why not instruct ref to restrospectively issue a yellow. Would put a stop to his unending nonsense
My favourite part of the game so far is the commentators blaming the poor title defence on injuries as tho no one else has had them haha. As though man city don't have their arguably two best players out long term.

We have 1 Richarlson, he often gets taken down and never gets anything, and contact is regularly a lot more than made Salah go down like he was shot.

I'm sure it's not a conscious decision, rather just inherent bias, but when someone like Richarlison goes down the commentators will have a chuckle about how he goes down easily and is always looking for a free kick etc. Yet you never ever hear that about the likes of Kane and Salah, who are far worse.

I remember the same kind of thing with Andy Johnson, after Wenger called him out.

Is the Niasse rule still in place about over simulation? That seemed to die a death

How on earth a ref can give that as a pen let alone VAR is totally beyond my comprehension.
Oh hold on lads. I've checked it 5 million times a la VAR and if you look closely a hair from the defenders head falls out and completely up ends Salah. So a definate pen. Sorry to dissapoint lads. You're all just bitter and deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.