Penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have any players who run at people in the area, at pace. All those teams have or had players like that.

There are very few opportunities for Everton to get penalties, whereas some players will run at people knowing defenders can't touch them, or they'll go down. Everton need to recruit a player like this, not a diver but someone who can beat a man and dribble/run at pace.
Well we do have them DCL in the Derby last year.
Richy physically pushed to the ground wednesday night to name a few.

Salah & Vardy get them all the time.

The scum coach them it, I'm sure of it

article-0-02067347000004B0-800_312x247.jpg
Gerrard was also effectively the ref in that game as well :rant:!

Said it before, the top teams have/had rapid players who drive into the box on a regular basis (Vardy, Salah, Rashford, Hazard etc). We don't really play with the ball in the box, more often than not it's a cross put into the area but the one time it happened with DCL against Spurs we got a pen.

We have 1 Richarlson, he often gets taken down and never gets anything, and contact is regularly a lot more than made Salah go down like he was shot.
I dont think he dives right for pens, some of his outside the box we get i dont think we would get inside, you really have to fool the ref sometimes

I dont think he dives right for pens, some of his outside the box we get i dont think we would get inside, you really have to fool the ref sometimes
Ah if Richy did what salad did he would get a card. Any commentary from sky or bt aswell always berate ricjmht when he get nocked down. "Fell over rather theatrically".

...I get this from a pre-VAR perspective, but surely now much depends on whether there’s contact or not (even if the ref doesn’t give it).

....get @Joey66 talking about Roy Vernon, arrowed into the bottom corner. Le Tissier wasn’t too shabby, but Shearer is a good shout.

I’d honestly give them to DCL.
Royston only ever missed one pen v spurs away scuffed the ball - he as a school boy was that good he was a natural fires into the inside netting even had the cheek to point to the opposing keeper where he was sending the ball hard low inside the corner netting like a rocket ......30 plus pens he scored for us.....

...I get this from a pre-VAR perspective, but surely now much depends on whether there’s contact or not (even if the ref doesn’t give it).
Maybe, that Salah one last week I would of thought VAR could of seen the contact couldnt of bought him down like that, but it dosent seem to work like that.
Maybe Richie once in the area is only focused on trying to shoot.
Personally I hate diving, but if we won a game on a dodgy pen I'd happily take it.

The above pic clearly shows how minimal contact has to be...

Both Salah & Mane are quick it don't take much contact & they will go down, they both orchestrate fouls also by running through quickly so defenders must take extra care with these slippery characters...

As a defender you need to be smart & not get sucked in let the ball go & most times it's covered by another defender or goes too far...

Stay on your feet don't jump in, can not believe some premiership defending when they just dive in & go to ground it's so risky...

Status
Not open for further replies.