Past their Best 11

Saw a really interesting shout as Howard Kendall as manager, obviously the Mark III version in 97/98.

Yep, he was absolutely past his best by then, but it amazes me that he was only 51 years of age (!!) when we stayed up against Coventry City in 1998. That is only 1 year older than Thomas Frank now, it is younger than Unai Emery and Pochettino, and considerably younger than Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp and Ange Postecoglu. He even felt quite old when he had come back for his second spell, but he was only 44 years old then (same age as Roberto DeZerbi)!!

Tragically sad that his entire mangerial success had already come and gone by the time he was 41 years old, and that he was robbed of decades more success by his addiction.

Saw a really interesting shout as Howard Kendall as manager, obviously the Mark III version in 97/98.

Yep, he was absolutely past his best by then, but it amazes me that he was only 51 years of age (!!) when we stayed up against Coventry City in 1998. That is only 1 year older than Thomas Frank now, it is younger than Unai Emery and Pochettino, and considerably younger than Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp and Ange Postecoglu. He even felt quite old when he had come back for his second spell, but he was only 44 years old then (same age as Roberto DeZerbi)!!

Tragically sad that his entire mangerial success had already come and gone by the time he was 41 years old, and that he was robbed of decades more success by his addiction.
I agree with this, I wanted him to succeed so much. He wasn't helped of course by everton even then we were a basket case, not of todays standards, but he was managing with one hand tied behind his back really

The 80s will remain with me forever, sadly more than likely that's as good as its going to get in my lifetime.

Burrows, Alexandersson, Simon Davies, Beattie, ...
Simon Davies killed me, looked such a young talent at Peterborough and then Spurs jumped in before us 😤 then you realise he'd hit his peak as a kid so we go and buy him off spurs and of course was a total let down.
always been one of the biggest let downs for me, as I always wanted him once he broke through as a kid !!