Panorama to question ownership of Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
...very surprised Moshiri responded to the interviewer leaving Goodison. He could easily have ignored him shouting through railings. I wonder if he was aware the reporter was there. Lord Ashcroft totally blanked questions with a microphone pushed under his nose, Moshiri virtually swapped punches. Interesting contrast.
If he was taken off guard and is not used to being asked questions it would have been quite natural to reply

We are being caught up in the state controlled BBC 's attack on Putin. Which is why waffler Watson's only response to revelations of financial shenanigans by the rich and powerful, was to ask for us to be investigated.

Yeah, @davek & me mentioned this earlier...it's worth noting the BBC's usual reporting on Russia and considering whether it's fair or not.

I was meaning more about the Chelsea and Arsenal teaming up part. I think that may be a bit far fetched
Really? I just think it's logical... 'oh, they wanna be top 6.... right, lets look at this a sec.... so they'll be wanting a new lukaku then.... 'was certainly an opp. For the discerning footy oligarch or 5 to collaberate to leave Koeman with a decapitated team. The other poss. If you are right is that Walsh is inept. I see what you mean about my specificity in that post, it was based on the 'Giroud in the building' thing and Vlasic being told by Koeman that 'this was Costa's shirt'. So yeh a bit dot joiny. Maybe I'm wrong on the details but it looks like a transfer vito with the impression of no vito until as late as possible.

Strikes me as more likely than koeman setting up for 'success' with no attacking threat....

Last edited:
If he was taken off guard and is not used to being asked questions it would have been quite natural to reply
I was thinking the exact opposite!!! He will have known what the allegations were and had a response prepared. It always looks better if you answer questions in situations like that. If you don't there is an assumption that you have something to hide.

USM is named after it's main shareholders, Alisher Usmanov, Vladimir Skoch and Farhad Moshiri ... Usmanov, Skoch, Moshiri ... U , S , M ... USM
It says it right here - http://usm-group.com/company ... how about you bother to do some research?
And OF COURSE there will be links between Blue Heaven Holdings - Bridgewaters - USM because they've used Bridgewaters before so why would they not use them again?! As far as I can see there is nothing in the PL rules which state that you can't use an accountancy firm or business services of a company you've already delt with or have ties with e.g. an employee working for both.

Any way... Usmanov IN!
That's being disingenuous.

There isn't just the claim that there are connections between those organisations at boardroom level. The claim is that Bridgewater are owned by Usmanov and that this is the body charged with overseeing the transaction between Usmanov and Moshiri. The clear implication is that due diligence wasn't ever going to be forensic to pick up who exactly possesses the cash that buys Everton shares...and the fact that Bridgewaters is also the agent for TBH further complicates matters.

There's the basis for an investigation there whether we like it or not.

Dont kill the messenger when Everton are clearly mixed up with some very dodgy people.

I suspect there'll be more evidence to come. Very rarely will there not be a second tranche of info withheld to pile on the pressure for an official inquiry.

We need to be setting aside this bravado of "nothing to see here lads, Panorama's a joke lads". It doesn't nothing to make this pretty damaging affair to go away. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "la la la la la". We are seeking to get this stadium off the ground and the club is looking very unstable on and off the pitch. This is serious stuff.

There isn't just the claim that there are connections between those organisations at boardroom level. The claim is that Bridgewater are owned by Usmanov and that this is the body charged with overseeing the transaction between Usmanov and Moshiri. The clear implication is that due diligence wasn't ever going to be forensic to pick up who exactly possesses the cash that buys Everton shares...and the fact that Bridgewaters is also the agent for TBH further complicates matters.

Dont kill the messenger when Everton are clearly mixed up with some very dodgy people.

I suspect there'll be more evidence to come. Very rarely will there not be a second tranche of info withheld to pile on the pressure for an official inquiry.

We need to be setting aside this bravado of "nothing to see here lads, Panorama's a joke lads". It doesn't nothing to make this pretty damaging affair to go away. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "la la la la la". We are seeking to get this stadium off the ground and the club is looking very unstable on and off the pitch. This is serious stuff.
To be honest Dave I honestly can't see what the fuss is about.

So Usmanov may have gifted a share of red and white holdings to Moshiri.. once that happened Moshiri owned it and could do what he liked with those shares. He then sold them back to Usmanov.... and then used that money to buy Everton. What is actually wrong? It was his to do with as he pleased. Usmanov wanted that share holding because he wanted to put more pressure on Kronke.

Imo this gift nonsense is a red herring. They have been well known business partners for over a decade not exactly new information is it?

But there's nothing damaging here. Literally nothing.

Sure, I agree Moshiri is not the messiah loads seemed to think he was and is basically "Foreign Kenwright" at this point, but in terms of this 'investigation' there's been nothing disclosed whatsoever that wasn't already public knowledge.

To be honest Dave I honestly can't see what the fuss is about.

So Usmanov may have gifted a share of red and white holdings to Moshiri.. once that happened Moshiri owned it and could do what he liked with those shares. He then sold them back to Usmanov.... and then used that money to buy Everton. What is actually wrong? It was his to do with as he pleased. Usmanov wanted that share holding because he wanted to put more pressure on Kronke.

Imo this gift nonsense is a red herring. They have been well known business partners for over a decade not exactly new information is it?
lol

Read that bit back to yourself mate.

If that was happening nat Liverpool we'd be on the floor pissing ourselves at the obvious chicanery going on.

Come on, we're all blues here. We all KNOW what the score is and who actually/ultimately that cash belongs to and who, therefore, have a control over this club.

We've been for years before effectively controlled by Phillip Green and most would have accepted that, but for some reason most aren't now willing to accept this set up.

It is what it is.

But there's nothing damaging here. Literally nothing.

Sure, I agree Moshiri is not the messiah loads seemed to think he was and is basically "Foreign Kenwright" at this point, but in terms of this 'investigation' there's been nothing disclosed whatsoever that wasn't already public knowledge.
He's exposed as a tea boy. He's an employee of Usmanov left holding the shares of the club for him.

That's damaging for us (that wider public knowledge of the situation) because investors out there aren't going to see Moshiri as a credible force and they'll know who ultimately they're getting into bed with if they expose their funds to the club and how much he's on the Establishment's radar.

This is a disastrous development. Let's not try and wish the implications of this away by questioning whether it's sanctionable or not. That;s hardly the issue...at least right now anyway.

lol

Read that bit back to yourself mate.

If that was happening nat Liverpool we'd be on the floor pissing ourselves at the obvious chicanery going on.

Come on, we're all blues here. We all KNOW what the score is and who actually/ultimately that cash belongs to and who, therefore, have a control over this club.

We've been for years before effectively controlled by Phillip Green and most would have accepted that, but for some reason most aren't now willing to accept this set up.

It is what it is.
Load of fuss over nothing. There is I think a document showing Moshiri actually paid for the shares as well. So yes it's a red herring.

If they were not business partners for over a decade would this even be an issue? Probably not. Not saying it doesn't look a bit suspect but nowhere near the levels some are suggesting.

To be honest I wish Usmanov was actually in control but he isn't and more than likely never will be.

Think this is more serious than what we think !! Apart from the commercial damage that this will inevitably bring, it could put the dampners on Usmanov taking over at some point ?

That's damaging for us (that wider public knowledge of the situation) because investors out there aren't going to see Moshiri as a credible force and they'll know who ultimately they're getting into bed with if they expose their funds to the club and how much he's on the Establishment's radar.

This is a disastrous development. Let's not try and wish the implications of this away by questioning whether it's sanctionable or not. That;s hardly the issue...at least right now anyway.

What investors?

Disastrous? Completely overblown, as per David.

well there goes the new stadium! haha. But dont worry we can get Big Sam in to drain the swamp!

upload_2017-11-6_10-45-43.png

Status
Not open for further replies.