Panorama to question ownership of Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labour Party deputy leader Tom Watson said on Twitter on Sunday night that he expected the Premier League to look at the Everton situation.

He said: "The @premierleague has very strict club ownership rules. I'm sure they'll investigate whether their rules have been breached with this #ParadisePapers leak. I'll be writing to them tomorrow

Labour Party deputy leader Tom Watson said on Twitter on Sunday night that he expected the Premier League to look at the Everton situation.

He said: "The @premierleague has very strict club ownership rules. I'm sure they'll investigate whether their rules have been breached with this #ParadisePapers leak. I'll be writing to them tomorrow

Wouldn’t happen under the Tores.

lets face it the fa / prem league dont want to investigate this because if they do and realise they have cocked up then there is gonna be even bigger consequences for them for allowing it go ahead in the first place

Theres certain games you have to play to be allowed in big boy club. People playing dirty in lots of ways behind the scenes to stop Everton's ambition I think and why project koeman/striker failed. ( I think Arsenal and Chelsea teamed up to let us think we had Giroud and Costa all summer) Pull together as a club is the only option to get through and learn how to play big boy player signing (all kinds of mind game bollocks). Walsh good at finding talent, but not at top level fuckery.

Theres certain games you have to play to be allowed in big boy club. People playing dirty in lots of ways behind the scenes to stop Everton's ambition I think and why project koeman/striker failed. ( I think Arsenal and Chelsea teamed up to let us think we had Giroud and Costa all summer) Pull together as a club is the only option to get through and learn how to play big boy player signing (all kinds of mind game bollocks). Walsh good at finding talent, but not at top level fuckery.
Maybe a little over-paranoid there

_98625804_everton_usmanov_640-nc.png

- Suspicions that Usmanov is some kind of mastermind pulling the strings in a plan which started in 2007
- "links" to Usmanov is an email apparently saying Usmanov bought Bridgewaters despite both outright denying it

That is all there is to it.

I don't get what the fuss is about, honestly. Moshiri is the legal owner and there is no doubt about that. We've all theorised on here whether Usmanov is waiting to see if he can gain control of Arsenal before selling up and coming over here, and if anything these 'paradise papers' would lend credit to that theory but it's nothing illegal or 'bad' in any way at all. Remember:
"Mr Moshiri's legal representatives said the Premier League had carried out checks, including on its funding, and was satisfied that he had complied with its Owners' and Directors' Test."
So the Prem has already cleared it once.

The only thing I could imagine happening behind the scenes is Usmanov 'advising' Moshiri on what to do over here, but since Moshiri is still the owner and Usmanov not having any stake in us to his name, that can't be against the rules, either.

Sure, there are plenty of links between us and Usmanov. USM Holdings, Bridgewaters and Moshiri himself obviously. MAYBE Usmanov is whispering sweet nothings in Moshiri's ear and MAYBE they do have a plan to switch Red for Blue, but I still don't see anything about that which would be against these 10% stake rules. Unless there are rules on scheming between major shareholders of separate clubs, but I'm sure Panorama would have mentioned that if there are any and they wouldn't be focussing on the deal itself so much. As long as there's no match fixing, who cares if they have some plan?

In short, it looks like no rules are being broken and Panorama are clutching at straws.

I suspect the money used to buy the club is dirty, whether it was 'legal' or not. Usmanov seems VERY dodgy and Moshiri is his little sidekick

So is all this based on the idea that anything you receive as a gift doesn't actually ever belong to you and that Usmanov has been playing the extreme long con for the past 10 years in order to get his foot in the door

Status
Not open for further replies.