John oster
John o'kane
Mitch ward
Carl Tyler
Per kroldrup
Ashley williams
Jonas lossl
Alcatraz

I reckon there's loads more in the 90s era.

Barrett, Kroldrup, Blomqvist, Nyarko, Niasse, Bilic, Bakayoko, Alexandersson, R Wright, Van der Meyde, Schneiderlin, Rodrigo, Wifeng, Bolasie, Walcott, Sandro, Kone, Alcaraz, Klaassen...
You’ve pointed out some whoppers there mate, how did you miss Claus Thomson!!

Two for the oldies: Catterick making David Lawson the most expensive keeper in English football in 1972; and Catterick swapping the young and pacy David Johnson for the slow carthorse Rod Belfitt in the same year.

I'd also mention Garry Stanley, who I thought was the most lethargic player I'd ever see in a blue shirt until I saw Schneiderlin.

After that there are the usual suspects, from Bakayoko to Iwobi, with plenty of wasters in between.

There's a fair few...

Steve simmonsen
Alex nyarko
Ibrahim bakayoko
Mitch ward
Gareth farrelly
John oster
John o'kane
Mitch ward
Carl Tyler
Per kroldrup
Ashley williams
Jonas lossl
Alcatraz

I reckon there's loads more in the 90s era.
Haha John Oster, the only thing i remember about him was advertising the pies at Goodison.

From our last 4 full time managers and two directors of football spanning 7 years...

Alcaraz
Mcgeady
Kone
Eto'o
Niasse
Bolassie
Williams
Schneiderlin
Cuco Martinez
Klaasen
Sandro
Siggurdson
Rooney
Walcott
Tosun
Delph
Iwobi
Kean

Some serious serious poo and / or errors of judgement there. Assembled at great cost in terns of fees and wages. Frankly, our dealings have been horrific in the main, not even sure I can single out individual players here as 'the worst'.

Absolutely shocking this. Such a waste. All that dough thrown away. Imagine if we had the resources we had in that first season of big spending and had someone competent spending it.

What could have been.

Sigurdsson is our worst ever piece of business, but Cuco Martina is still the worst footballer I’ve ever seen pull on our shirt. Honestly think you could’ve dragged some lads out the crowd who wouldn’t have done any worse, it was unbelievable watching him play in the Premier League.
I agree in that Martina is defo the worst player i have seen in the shirt, mad thing is he actually tried to put effort in and run about which just made him look even worse. I do think the likes of Drenthe were dreadful bits of business, why the hell would you sign a player who makes it blatantly obvious they don't want to play for you, it's a recipe for disaster, and we did'nt just do it once, we did it twice with VDM, it was just bonkers.

From our last 4 full time managers and two directors of football spanning 7 years...

Alcaraz
Mcgeady
Kone
Eto'o
Niasse
Bolassie
Williams
Schneiderlin
Cuco Martinez
Klaasen
Sandro
Siggurdson
Rooney
Walcott
Tosun
Delph
Iwobi
Kean

Some serious serious poo and / or errors of judgement there. Assembled at great cost in terns of fees and wages. Frankly, our dealings have been horrific in the main, not even sure I can single out individual players here as 'the worst'.
Rooney wasn't that bad and Kean can't be written off just yet. The rest are shocking though. You even missed besic, cleverly and Gibson.

Rooney wasn't that bad and Kean can't be written off just yet. The rest are shocking though. You even missed besic, cleverly and Gibson.
Cwoar, how could I forget Cleverley????? The ghost of Siggurdson past, him. Sum total of average. Indeed, the myth of Mo Besic. I really liked Gibson at first but then the wheels properly fell off. Ho hum.

Ah, Rooney wasn't a progressive signing really. Just symbolic of a pee poor strategy overall. Dont think it set the tone really either. More my issue with him (and others on that list).

Think someone else noted Eto'o as a malign influence in a response earlier. Absolutely spot on.

Two for the oldies: Catterick making David Lawson the most expensive keeper in English football in 1972; and Catterick swapping the young and pacy David Johnson for the slow carthorse Rod Belfitt in the same year.

I'd also mention Garry Stanley, who I thought was the most lethargic player I'd ever see in a blue shirt until I saw Schneiderlin.

After that there are the usual suspects, from Bakayoko to Iwobi, with plenty of wasters in between.
Joe harper

I agree in that Martina is defo the worst player i have seen in the shirt, mad thing is he actually tried to put effort in and run about which just made him look even worse. I do think the likes of Drenthe were dreadful bits of business, why the hell would you sign a player who makes it blatantly obvious they don't want to play for you, it's a recipe for disaster, and we did'nt just do it once, we did it twice with VDM, it was just bonkers.

Honestly believe this is a myth too you know, 80% of the time he was just sauntering around looking stoned without a clue what was going on while opponents exploited the gaping chasm he’d left in the full back position. I nearly burst a blood vessel screaming at him to run from up in the top balcony.

Status
Not open for further replies.