Our New ColombianToffees

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very true. We got a wave of Turkish fans after Tosun and other social media sites get lots of Nigerians on about Iwobi but they just seemed to talk rubbish about their own national teams player the whole time.
Our new Colombian fans have got right on board with all things Everton and I see them in the DCL and Digne threads too after good performances not just James and Mina which is great to see!
Their passion for and knowledge of football is something I’ve rarely seen from local fans of other English clubs and for a team half way round the world that is ace!

Totally agree, also see other fans 'they are jumping on the bandwagon etc, what bandwagon? we haven't
won a trophy since 95 ffs we was also not 'top of the league' when we played spurs and got 2.3 M Colombians
watching the game, Spirit of the blues top of the charts in Colombia also as Howards Way
yes it was because hamez of course but these fans seem to be gaining a love for Everton
as if we are one of their own, what we are now.. i mean most teams that i mentioned above half of their
fans don't even know when the year they were founded ffs already see these on twitter using slogans such as
RS' COYB ' kopites are G..... ' using Everton legend quotes and actually learning about our history, and the big club we are,
not as we are portayed as in recent times in the media. they totallty get us, its boss.

Last edited:
When did he say that? Only a monumental ballbag would still be saying that.. so I wouldn't put it past Murphy like.
It was on ENN but just looked that much on their can't find it but I read how Murphy quoted he would not be good enough for us as he does not track back .....plus he will not keep us on a high if he plays like that......

1. HOME
  2. EVERTON NEWS
Everton: Danny Murphy claims James Rodriguez was exploited in derby
f04be3fa21ab3387cf591799ef9ee5e9

ByAdam Clancy
Posted on October 18, 2020
Everton: Danny Murphy claims James Rodriguez was exploited in derby - Everton News

Danny Murphy has claimed that James Rodriguez was exploited in the Merseyside derby due to his lack of willingness to track back.

It was on ENN but just looked that much on their can't find it but I read how Murphy quoted he would not be good enough for us as he does not track back .....plus he will not keep us on a high if he plays like that......

1. HOME
  2. EVERTON NEWS

ByAdam Clancy
Everton: Danny Murphy claims James Rodriguez was exploited in derby - Everton News

Danny Murphy has claimed that James Rodriguez was exploited in the Merseyside derby due to his lack of willingness to track back.

Pinging passes like a god and getting an assist.

More exploited than an Amazon warehouse worker was our James.

1. HOME
  2. EVERTON NEWS

ByAdam Clancy

It’s actually a bit disturbing that an ex player and supposed top pundit could watch the game and come up with that analysis. If anything, James was too deep at times, I saw him winning the ball back by our own corner flag in the first half!
It should also be clear to anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge that what he brought in terms of attacking threat far outweighed the fact he’s more attacking than defensive and it was doucoure and allans jobs to make up for any gaps!

It’s actually a bit disturbing that an ex player and supposed top pundit could watch the game and come up with that analysis. If anything, James was too deep at times, I saw him winning the ball back by our own corner flag in the first half!
It should also be clear to anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge that what he brought in terms of attacking threat far outweighed the fact he’s more attacking than defensive and it was doucoure and allans jobs to make up for any gaps!
Danny Murphy forgot to mention his superb pass down the line to Dieghn who's cross was thundered in of the head of DCL......that coming from a basic bog standard midfielder now wearing a cardigan ..... lol

Colombia fan here. Thank you for the welcome. We love Everton and the passion you guys show for your team. We are calling Everton, "el equipo del pueblo" or loosely translated is "the team of the people." The reason is that while we have our own rivalries at home or like different teams around the world, all Colombians are Toffees. So thank you for unifying a country. Suerte Parceros.

@UptheTofees, @Sassy Colombian , @Medallo. Genial tenerles abordo. Por curiosidad, ¿de que equipos son ustedes en Colombia?

Espero que no se odian entre si :p

Solo conozco Millonarios, Deportivo Cali y America de Cali y Junior Barranquilla. Perdonan la ignorancia

Translation: Just asking our new friends what teams they support in their home country and expressing my hope that they don't hate each other.

@UptheTofees, @Sassy Colombian , @Medallo. Genial tenerles abordo. Por curiosidad, ¿de que equipos son ustedes en Colombia?

Solo conozco Millonarios, Deportivo Cali y America de Cali y Junior Barranquilla.

Translation: Just asking our new friends what teams they support in their home country and expressing my hope that they don't hate each other.
You might have to wait for them to use google translate then google ‘top league Colombian football teams’ Should take about 10-15 mins I imagine ;)

Solo conozco Millonarios, Deportivo Cali y America de Cali y Junior Barranquilla. Perdonan la ignorancia

I am from Cucuta so I always keep an eye on them but they have gone up and down the leagues my whole life so i also follow Nacional. I met a lot of their players one day when they came to Cucuta (including Higuita and Andre's Escobar) and always have love for that team.

Is English widely learned in Colombia? Anyone know?

Yes and No. Most people obviously don't speak english but they do teach it since 6th grade and it's almost a requirement for many jobs in tourism and business. In places like Bogota, Medllim, Cartagena you find many English speakers.

What I'm saying if you somehow land there, you will find someone. It's not uncommon.

Just jealousy. Pure and unadulterated.
  1. HOME
  2. EVERTON NEWS

ByAdam Clancy

Status
Not open for further replies.