Our Gueye, Magaye Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree that besides his goals he didnt have a great game . Its a bit early to be raving or critical about individual performances .

Whilst it would be nice to see more of Maggie next season , it would be nicer to see him kept out of the team by a 10m + spanking new signing .

I see absolutely no problem with that. Need I remind you that Cahill is often labeled as offering us "nothing but goals"? I'd be very happy if we have another one like that. Let him have a poor game, but score a few. I don't give a rats ass as long as we win.

I see absolutely no problem with that. Need I remind you that Cahill is often labeled as offering us "nothing but goals"? I'd be very happy if we have another one like that. Let him have a poor game, but score a few. I don't give a rats ass as long as we win.

We were playing Bury in a friendly, if there's ever a match where you're not judging the players by their end product it would be that one.

We were playing Bury in a friendly, if there's ever a match where you're not judging the players by their end product it would be that one.

I know, and very true, but won't it be great if he did that in regular games (provided he's even playing in them)?

I know, and very true, but won't it be great if he did that in regular games (provided he's even playing in them)?

Oh exactly, a player who always shows for the ball, does feck all with it 9 times out of ten and then hits a screamer into the bottom corner is a fine thing to have. It's why Ferguson stuck with Nani so long, because you need a player who will just drive forward and try and do things even if it often doesn't come off. It's also why people have so much time for players like McFadden and Bily.

There was two moments in the first half against Bury, which very much felt like watching McFadden, one where Gueye tried a hollywood pass with the outside of his boot when Yakubu was free about ten yards away and one where he tried to shoot from just outside the area and scuffed the shot so badly it went out for a thrown in and then the next time he tried doing that it was as good a shot as you'll see, megged the defender and went straight in the bottom corner.

You need players like Arteta who will just keep the ball and make things tick, of course, but if Gueye can start scoring regularly by cutting in off the wing it will make up for him not being as good at ball retention. It's what we criticised Pienaar for isn't it? Rarely losing the ball but rarely having the guts to try and do something useful with it either.

Oh exactly, a player who always shows for the ball, does feck all with it 9 times out of ten and then hits a screamer into the bottom corner is a fine thing to have. It's why Ferguson stuck with Nani so long, because you need a player who will just drive forward and try and do things even if it often doesn't come off. It's also why people have so much time for players like McFadden and Bily.

There was two moments in the first half against Bury, which very much felt like watching McFadden, one where Gueye tried a hollywood pass with the outside of his boot when Yakubu was free about ten yards away and one where he tried to shoot from just outside the area and scuffed the shot so badly it went out for a thrown in and then the next time he tried doing that it was as good a shot as you'll see, megged the defender and went straight in the bottom corner.

You need players like Arteta who will just keep the ball and make things tick, of course, but if Gueye can start scoring regularly by cutting in off the wing it will make up for him not being as good at ball retention. It's what we criticised Pienaar for isn't it? Rarely losing the ball but rarely having the guts to try and do something useful with it either.

Well when you put it like that it's kind of different, but to be fair i didn't watch the game or the highlights or anything about it, so you have better judgement.

Hope he improves then.

Your making out there as if iv just slated the lad , relax mate .

As i said in my post its a tad early to be going on about individual performances .

Like most blues i would imagine , i hope the lad does well , good luck to him .

Can someone please!!!! upload the highlights on youtube!!! I can't watch them on everton tv. I subscribed and installed siverlight but the video won't load.

Your making out there as if iv just slated the lad , relax mate .

As i said in my post its a tad early to be going on about individual performances .

Like most blues i would imagine , i hope the lad does well , good luck to him .

Nah mate, bit of a misunderstanding there, didn't mean it like that, not saying you've slated him, just expressing an opinion like.
Sorry 'bout that ;)

Have to agree that besides his goals he didnt have a great game . Its a bit early to be raving or critical about individual performances .

Whilst it would be nice to see more of Maggie next season , it would be nicer to see him kept out of the team by a 10m + spanking new signing .

Good point, just reserved to not getting a 10m new signing. if not, get him in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.