Our Fans Are The Best Of The Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

We don't have an identity anymore. Under Moyes/Kenwright we used to be the paupers in the mix for Europe who punched above their weight and gave the manager time to build teams. That's all gone and what's replaced it is as unfulfilling as the lives of the angry shine heads shouting dogs abuse at our players because Everton, just like their lives, hasn't lived up to the glorious promise of their youth in the 80's.
This is the most beautiful prose I’ve seen written on this forsaken website for quite some time. Nailed it. Loads of ours celebrated getting rich in a most Geordie manner, this is karma for ego and greed.

We don't have an identity anymore. Under Moyes/Kenwright we used to be the paupers in the mix for Europe who punched above their weight and gave the manager time to build teams. That's all gone and what's replaced it is as unfulfilling as the lives of the angry shine heads shouting dogs abuse at our players because Everton, just like their lives, hasn't lived up to the glorious promise of their youth in the 80's.
This is the nail on head, self loathing fans taking it out on multi millionaire winners in life.

One of the things I genuinely enjoy most is our self flagellation from the enlightened. I pity the poor mites who still think Evertonians are in any way decent or special. Hate on us you dirty bishes.

Unfortunately the ‘we go the game’ has become the only card some Evertonians feel they have now as any sort of one-upmanship against kopites.

Going the game all these years has done jack all for us apart from keep giving support to the board at the club. We’d be far better not selling out home and away, leaving swathes of seats empty, and then maybe just maybe someone at Everton on the pitch or in the board room would do something about it.
That wouldn’t be supporting the club however.
Definition of a supporter is someone who sticks by their team through good times and bad , through feast and famine.
You choose to stop attending the games and you lose the right to claim yourself as a supporter in any meaningful way.

If Kenwright was in charge of the RS his house would have been sieged like a scene out of Frankenstein. We have shown Saint like patience

Went for first time this year with my two sons. Top Balcony. Heard and saw fans shouting at or abusing each other. Crap really. Certainly felt no 'special bounce' either off the pitch or on it.

When you consider what we have been through for the past 26 years, the abject failure of the board and players, yet we still sell out out home and away, the massively vast majority are superb
What we have been through? We are not entitled to anything. The only reason most of the fans stick to going to the match is because they don't have anything more productive to do with their pathetic lives other than waste time and money watching a team that they already know are terrible, then moan about the experience afterwards. Bunch of morons, the lot of them.

How was that for a reply? Too much? I was trying to be a bit more like @chicoazul but feel I may have overdone it a bit.

That wouldn’t be supporting the club however.
Definition of a supporter is someone who sticks by their team through good times and bad , through feast and famine.
You choose to stop attending the games and you lose the right to claim yourself as a supporter in any meaningful way.

Not really, the fans of the 80s showed their disapproval by not attending the game, it was for the greater good of the club showing that what was being served up wasn’t acceptable.

We’ve rewarded successive regimes of failure with full houses. Where’s the incentive to change when your fans will accept anything? Why invest in the team if your fans will stay pay to watch utter rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.