Our England players, who will make the euro 2016 squad?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not of eveyone but the Everton players are:
John Stones
Phil Jagielka
Leighton Baines
Tom Cleverley
Ross Barkley

I wouldn't say hope is lost for Lennon though

...agree about Lennon but think his lack of versatility might see him miss out. Cleverley or Milner might not have his pace but they can play a number of positions which is an attractive proposition when you have to limit squad numbers.

Cleverly won't go. Too many midfielders will be up for contention and even hints of wilshire going if he is fit by then, despite lack of game time.

Jags will go as back up, with cahill stones and smalling.

Baines first choice left back guaranteed unless he is injured.

Barkley probably be first choice.

England- Jagielka, Stones, Baines, Barkley, maybe Lennon

Ireland- Coleman, McCarthy, McGeady (lol), Gibson maybe.

Belgium- Lukaku, Mirallas (although not 100% right now)

Long shots for Deulofeu (Spain) and Cleverley (England) but you never know. Maybe even TARASHAJ for Switzerland of he's all that.

Yeah, i'm quoting myself. So?

But worth remembering it's not just England players we have.

Barkley, Baines, Jags, Stones are certainties.
Cleverly likely.
Lennon a stretch.
Barry a very big stretch.

Thought this worth a bump with it being an international break. Disappointed but not overly surprised that Lennon didn't make the squad for these friendlies. Reckon there's any chance of him being called up now Sterling is injured?

Here is an update:

England - Stones, Jagielka, Barkley (going); Baines (not likely now unless he remains 1st choice till the end of season then 50:50); Cleverley (standby list as usual); Lennon (unlikely).

Belgium: Lukaku (going); Mirallas (50:50).

Ireland: McGeady, McCarthy, Coleman (going); Gibson (on standby list at best).

Missing anyone?

Here is an update:

England - Stones, Jagielka, Barkley (going); Baines (not likely now unless he remains 1st choice till the end of season then 50:50); Cleverley (standby list as usual); Lennon (unlikely).

Belgium: Lukaku (going); Mirallas (50:50).

Ireland: McGeady, McCarthy, Coleman (going); Gibson (on standby list at best).

Missing anyone?

For me Baines is still head and shoulders the best English left back around and if he plays regulalry between now and the end of the season I expect him to be going the Euros ahead of Danny Rose

For me Baines is still head and shoulders the best English left back around and if he plays regulalry between now and the end of the season I expect him to be going the Euros ahead of Danny Rose
Disagree unfortunately, baines looking really poor this season. Would like him to miss out, give him the summer to rest

Sure I want Bainesy to go but looks like he failed out with Martinez??? So Oviedo returns then Bainesy will be on bench again.

Status
Not open for further replies.