Our England players, who will make the euro 2016 squad?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a bit of uncertainty with Jags given competition with Smalling, Cahill and Jones. I reckon Stones will be hard for Hodgson to drop as he's a media darling and has performed reasonably well for England when picked. 4 out of 5 will go and there'll probably be an injury somewhere. Maybe even 5 out of 5 if Roy takes a more defensive view looking at Smalling filling in at RB if required and Jones as a defensive midfielder - playing so many games in quick succession does give more versatile players a slight edge in squad selection.

Baines has got a great chance given Shaw's still coming back from a broken leg and there's big question marks over his chances of getting up to speed between now and the end of the season.

Barkley's more or less guaranteed to go, Barry not to go regardless of form as the Red-tops have spoken and there are legitimate question marks over his ability to sustain his level at 2-3 games a week, especially right after a full season.

Cleverly I doubt will go as there's too many ahead of him such as Ali, Shelvey, Milner, Wilshere, Delph.... Lennon has a decent chance if he maintains his good form as although Walcott seems a shoe in Oxlade Chamberlain is not seeing much first team action at Arsenal.

Who knows though? I doubt Roy Hodgson does yet.

There's a bit of uncertainty with Jags given competition with Smalling, Cahill and Jones. I reckon Stones will be hard for Hodgson to drop as he's a media darling and has performed reasonably well for England when picked. 4 out of 5 will go and there'll probably be an injury somewhere. Maybe even 5 out of 5 if Roy takes a more defensive view looking at Smalling filling in at RB if required and Jones as a defensive midfielder - playing so many games in quick succession does give more versatile players a slight edge in squad selection.

Baines has got a great chance given Shaw's still coming back from a broken leg and there's big question marks over his chances of getting up to speed between now and the end of the season.

Barkley's more or less guaranteed to go, Barry not to go regardless of form as the Red-tops have spoken and there are legitimate question marks over his ability to sustain his level at 2-3 games a week, especially right after a full season.

Cleverly I doubt will go as there's too many ahead of him such as Ali, Shelvey, Milner, Wilshere, Delph.... Lennon has a decent chance if he maintains his good form as although Walcott seems a shoe in Oxlade Chamberlain is not seeing much first team action at Arsenal.

Who knows though? I doubt Roy Hodgson does yet.

I would love for us to sign the Ox. If we gave him game time i'm sure he'd be a starter for England

....not surprised Cleverley has been included in the latest 'get together'. Hodgson has been watching a lot of Everton lately and whilst the likes of Barkley is in good form I suspect Cleverley is the one who has caight his eye. Players with flexibility and ability to cover a number of positions are vital in tournament football and Cleverley certainly ticks that box.

Got to be dele ali / barkley / more defensive midfielder for the euros if they play 3 in the middle ... i'd say we have more talent recently then past 10 odd years

....not surprised Cleverley has been included in the latest 'get together'. Hodgson has been watching a lot of Everton lately and whilst the likes of Barkley is in good form I suspect Cleverley is the one who has caight his eye. Players with flexibility and ability to cover a number of positions are vital in tournament football and Cleverley certainly ticks that box.

Do you have a full list for this get together?

Not of eveyone but the Everton players are:
John Stones
Phil Jagielka
Leighton Baines
Tom Cleverley
Ross Barkley

I wouldn't say hope is lost for Lennon though

what if baines doesnt get back into the everton team??

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM??

??

Barkley, Stones, Jagielka will deffo go.

Baines, Lennon, Cleverley are all maybe for me. Hodgson hasn't got a clue mind. Lennon most inform English winger for me currently...

Status
Not open for further replies.