Our England players, who will make the euro 2016 squad?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley, Stones, Jags and Baines will go.

Not like England has lots of quality defenders so Jags and Baines will go. The other pair a certainties. If there are injuries in midfield then Cleverley will have a chance of a call up. Can't see Lennon having a prayer of being picked.

England- Jagielka, Stones, Baines, Barkley, maybe Lennon

Ireland- Coleman, McCarthy, McGeady (lol), Gibson maybe.

Belgium- Lukaku, Mirallas (although not 100% right now)

Long shots for Deulofeu (Spain) and Cleverley (England) but you never know. Maybe even TARASHAJ for Switzerland of he's all that.

England- Jagielka, Stones, Baines, Barkley, maybe Lennon

Ireland- Coleman, McCarthy, McGeady (lol), Gibson maybe.

Belgium- Lukaku, Mirallas (although not 100% right now)

Long shots for Deulofeu (Spain) and Cleverley (England) but you never know. Maybe even TARASHAJ for Switzerland of he's all that.
With the number of players we have in the Euros, we'll have to be careful about the start of next season. We had a really bad start to the post WC season.

I'd say

Baines, Stones and Barkley that's it.

Sadly, the team almost picks itself, as I'd like to think (aside from Everton this too), that anyone who goes on a great run should be considered, sadly a half fit Wilshere stands more chance than a top form player such as Barry or Drinkwater for example.

Jags will go if he fit,
I'm surprised that Barry didn't make his mark for England as he would be suited to the England team

With the number of players we have in the Euros, we'll have to be careful about the start of next season. We had a really bad start to the post WC season.

Yeah, i'm putting that on Martinez solely, you can't go straight back into work after 4 weeks off, and expect to perform at optimum pace, Lukaku, for example, didn't play one minute of pre-season, how can he expect to go at it 100% ready, when he hadn't barely trained, yet alone play!
The pre-season was a bloody joke too, it screamed cluelessness, the one game trip to Thailand, the added game against Celta.... at Tranmere, everything culminated in, a disaster, which showed on the pitch. I think ultimately, Roberto could do it at Wigan (although you could argue that preparation, was why Wigan were in the mire every season), but not here, and he's learnt his lessons, as we had a far smoother start to this season, even if we did have that dreadful patch through December-January, it is solvable by removing the goalkeeper.

Next season, the big challenge will be keeping the squad intact (minus Howard), so Lukaku staying, Deulofeu staying, Barkley etc... If we can do that, i believe we'll be left in far better position than, that of last season.

It always happens - post tournament hang over. We will just have to deal with it, but we will have a good few that wont be going.

Status
Not open for further replies.