Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
On general balance here.

Is niasse essentially the same level as Valencia? If niasse wasn't binned out the club and just played for hull all along, would the two be quite comparable for both striker ability and goalscoring record?

On general balance here.

Is niasse essentially the same level as Valencia? If niasse wasn't binned out the club and just played for hull all along, would the two be quite comparable for both striker ability and goalscoring record?

Niasse was written off by conspiracy theories very early and it spread around like wildfire. He is a good finisher and has pace and skill but there must be a reason the club wrote him off too. He speaks good English and I think he could have done a job at Goodison, but we only play one striker and so swapping him for Naismith (sold at £8m and bought Niasse at £13m) has proved silly if he was not even gonna get into the team.

I hope we make £5m or so on him and wish him well. Niasse is worth £13M more IMO than Valencia is worth £11M-14M as was the suggested fee.

Niasse was written off by conspiracy theories very early and it spread around like wildfire. He is a good finisher and has pace and skill but there must be a reason the club wrote him off too. He speaks good English and I think he could have done a job at Goodison, but we only play one striker and so swapping him for Naismith (sold at £8m and bought Niasse at £13m) has proved silly if he was not even gonna get into the team.

I hope we make £5m or so on him and wish him well. Niasse is worth £13M more IMO than Valencia is worth £11M-14M as was the suggested fee.
It is a fact that he was written off by very early by Roberto Martinez (the man who bought him), then Ronald Koeman, and he was also (allegedly) written off very early by senior squad members. That's before you get to conspiracy theorists in the fanbase.
As for doing a job at Goodison - maybe on Mars. But the Goodison Park here on planet Earth is no place for Oumar Niasse to be plying his trade - let's be real and show some respect to the heritage of our club.

I'll admit to thinking that Oumar was a complete fraud and should be playing for Southport. On reflection he's obviously not that, and could play for a mid-table championship side no problem. Even if you stuck him in Huddersfield in the prem he'll bang a few in over the course of a season, but he's nowhere near a top half side let alone anything past that.

It is a fact that he was written off by very early by Roberto Martinez (the man who bought him), then Ronald Koeman, and he was also (allegedly) written off very early by senior squad members. That's before you get to conspiracy theorists in the fanbase.
As for doing a job at Goodison - maybe on Mars. But the Goodison Park here on planet Earth is no place for Oumar Niasse to be plying his trade - let's be real and show some respect to the heritage of our club.

I'll admit to thinking that Oumar was a complete fraud and should be playing for Southport. On reflection he's obviously not that, and could play for a mid-table championship side no problem. Even if you stuck him in Huddersfield in the prem he'll bang a few in over the course of a season.

He could play for a premier league side no problem, based on the fact that, you know, he has done already.

Your respect and heritage comments are a bit mad like. He looks like a lower end premier league player, he is hardly a contest winner or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.