Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there was something untoward regards his signing, and a certain Spanish fella and Niasse himself profited with a backhander, and Koeman knows this and wants the business nowhere near him and the team.... Oh and the fact he is crap.
There's so much shadiness involved with football transfers that it's hard to say what's untoward these days - particularly from the Russian league. I mean obviously it was bent - we paid 13 million and 50K+ per week wages to a championship quality player who doesn't meet the work permit criteria by a million miles, but I suppose it's a question of degree. Outright bungmeisters rinsing Everton football club, or just another well-intentioned, but awful, premier league transfer with a Russian tax piled on top.

One thing you can say is that Martinez is prob not involved in anything dodgy. He is 100% culpable for depositing Niasse amongst us, and it is a fitting epitaph. But if he can defraud our club of millions in severance pay, completely legally, then why would he get mixed up in shady transfers? He was shortly going to be made for life just by being himself.

He scored four goals in seventeen games for a relegated team. Five goals in nineteen games in all competitions.
Not a bad strike rate, I think there will be a number of clubs looking to sign him, what he lacks in craft and composure he makes up for with willingness and enthusiasm.

What did Niasse do to get treated so badly by Koeman?Sure he wasn't up to the required standard.But if you aren't going to give a player a locker for being not up to the required standard then he shouldn't have been giving Arouna Kone one either.
He was deemed sub standard so RK wanted rid to free up wages but the only interest was abroad and Oumar wanted to stay put in the UK so RK froze him out to encourage ol Oumar to leave in January.
Ruthless but admirable nonetheless. We got lucky when a desperate Hull took a chance. Hopefully Oumar did well enough for another UK team to now come in.

He scored four goals in seventeen games for a relegated team. Five goals in nineteen games in all competitions.
Not a bad strike rate, I think there will be a number of clubs looking to sign him, what he lacks in craft and composure he makes up for with willingness and enthusiasm.
His strike rate is worse than Kone's was at Wigan.

Silva is in talks with Watford, hopefully if he gets the job he will come in for Niasse, especially as Niang isnt staying and Deeney may be off.

His strike rate is worse than Kone's was at Wigan.
That's not a goal rate that impresses me at all.

we paid 13 million and 50K+ per week wages to a championship quality player who doesn't meet the work permit criteria by a million miles

The fact we paid that much in fees and wages means he passes the Objective Criteria for players who don't automatically qualify for a work permit through international appearances. It's an absolutely bizarre system which is more than open to being gamed.

It's pretty bad really

Status
Not open for further replies.