2019/20 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is crap but I have to give him credit. He is ok to bring on . Throws himself about. Causes little problems. Could be worse. Never never in a million years a starter.

This. He can run a lot in the last fifteen minutes of the match and generally be a nuisance to defenders. Plus, I miss his smile, and the oh-so-relaxed way he chews gum while he plays, so it was good to see him back ;) .

In all honesty he's a 13m footballer. Bournemouth paid double that did Solanke. The expectation from Niasse should be as such. 13m buys you absolutely nothing nowadays. It's one half of a Davy Klaassen.

In all honesty he's a 13m footballer. Bournemouth paid double that did Solanke. The expectation from Niasse should be as such. 13m buys you absolutely nothing nowadays. It's one half of a Davy Klaassen.

What appalling logic. Digne cost us £18m, player's transfer fees aren't set in stone reflections of their ability. And Solanke didn't cost Bournemouth £26m either, and Niasse was signed in January 2016.

He played lots at Cardiff,but didn't score mainly because Cardiff simply couldn't provide any service. Warnock said he was always worth a place because of his amazing work rate.

Its was an off the cuff remark. Just explaining his standard. Couple of posts later I said he is quite useful to bring on for 10 or 15 mins.

What appalling logic. Digne cost us £18m, player's transfer fees aren't set in stone reflections of their ability. And Solanke didn't cost Bournemouth £26m either, and Niasse was signed in January 2016.

He was still towards the lower end of striker prices at the time, albeit a significant investment for us back then. At that cost from that league you are effectively taking a punt.

We also presumably picked up / raised the Barca level wages for Digne which should be taken into account when assessing the real cost of a player.

He was still towards the lower end of striker prices at the time, albeit a significant investment for us back then. At that cost from that league you are effectively taking a punt.

We also presumably picked up / raised the Barca level wages for Digne which should be taken into account when assessing the real cost of a player.

Didn't we pick up Niasse's wages as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.