2019/20 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor lad was hung out to dry during his first season or two, was a beautiful love story when he bagged the equaliser and winner at Bournemouth.

Was never good enough for this league. But he never spoke out once (probably in part due to his healthy wage). Farewell Prince Niasse.
In fairness if I was on 55K a week and knew I was hopeless at football I'd keep my mouth shut too.

Just out of interest - does anybody know what other forwards were available around then for fees in about the same range as the £13M we paid for Niasse? Genuine question.
Was very little activity that window (jan 16) if we’d saved the money till the following summer here are some of the players that moved:
Lucas Perez 17m
Batshuyai 33m
Salah 12m
Benteke 27m
Slimani 30m
Dzeko 9.5m
Mane 30m
Zlatan free
Llorente 5m
Jansen 19m
Dzeko 9.5m
Of course the obvious ones stand out. But what a signing Dzeko would have been for us and 4m cheaper.

Some great comments on here about him not actually being able to play football. All I can say as someone who equally 'can't play football' then; is I would be well pleased with 141 goals as a professional footballer, 3 of them for my country from 9 international caps!

Not the desired quality for us - we all know that - but not quite as dire as some would suggest.

He has scored 141 goals? Had no idea.

I assumed about 60 or something.

Was very little activity that window (jan 16) if we’d saved the money till the following summer here are some of the players that moved:
Lucas Perez 17m
Batshuyai 33m
Salah 12m
Benteke 27m
Slimani 30m
Dzeko 9.5m
Mane 30m
Zlatan free
Llorente 5m
Jansen 19m
Dzeko 9.5m
Of course the obvious ones stand out. But what a signing Dzeko would have been for us and 4m cheaper.

I’d have took a chance on that salah lad as well

Inappropriate Language
Lucas Perez 17m
Batshuyai 33m
Salah 12m
Benteke 27m
Slimani 30m
Dzeko 9.5m
Mane 30m
Zlatan free
Llorente 5m
Jansen 19m
Dzeko 9.5m

I would argue that Niasse(1 in 4 appr goals) was much better value than Perez, Batshuayai, Benteke, Slimani or Jansen. This list paints him in a better light than expected I think :D

One of the shittiest fotballers Ive seen in a blue shirt still though :) (And I have seen Mitch Ward, Richard Dunne and Carl Tiler and Alec Cleland.... ;) )

I would argue that Niasse(1 in 4 appr goals) was much better value than Perez, Batshuayai, Benteke, Slimani or Jansen. This list paints him in a better light than expected I think :D

One of the shittiest fotballers Ive seen in a blue shirt still though :) (And I have seen Mitch Ward, Richard Dunne and Carl Tiler and Alec Cleland.... ;) )
We could well have got Salah, who knows they sold us Lukaku. Dzeko would have been a fantastic signing also.

We could well have got Salah, who knows they sold us Lukaku. Dzeko would have been a fantastic signing also.
Absolutely agree with you. And thats sort of my point: you never know what you get.
Right player depends on the club, and more often than not, the fit is not great (as your list shows).
(Salah for Chelsea I can hardly remember, but right fit, and boom hes a world class player)
We got a overpaid striker with two wooden sticks for legs, who still managed to do better stats-wise than over half your list. If we had gotten Salah, we would scream Chelsea-reject, and chances are he wouldnt fulfill his potential?

So: sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss. Just a shame he clung to his 55k contract, at least he demonstrated some self-insight :D

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.