2019/20 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than the other 2 mentioned, hard working and could score a goal. So brought in £8m and then spent £13m + a loan fee to fill the same position. As I said we would've been better keeping hold of him at that time and finding a more suitable replacement in a summer transfer window. I definitely would've preferred Naismith on the pitch rather than Kone in that City semi final.

We had Deulofeu and Mirallas as options as well though.

What did Naismith offer other than a goal every 8 weeks?

Naismith getting shoehorned into the team was a big reason why Martinez failed. Trying to play Barca-lite tiki taka football with players like him who couldn’t control a ball, pass or dribble.
Naismith although being average, was better then Niasse. That was the point I was making.

Naismith although being average, was better then Niasse. That was the point I was making.

I though Naismith was better than average tbf and it was a big mistake at the time Martinez letting him go.

For all his faults, he slotted against the rs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City.

Still, for someone we picked up for free, 8m was a great deal.... Up until the point he spent 15m on the donkey that is Niasse and it was terrible business in the end.

We had Deulofeu and Mirallas as options as well though.
Mirallas was injured from the end of the first leg and Deuloufeu was replaced by Kone early 2nd half. I just remember Kone being absolutely useless in that semi, a knackered Del Boy would've been better. Heck even Niasse could've done something, which is saying something!

I don’t think we should of sold Naismith. Ok I hear he wanted to play more regularly, but he was a snidey crafty player, something we missed when he left.
Chelsea hat trick, say no more

Status
Not open for further replies.