2018/19 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made up for him. Poor footballer but with a fantastic attitude and a determination that wins over the supporters, gets him goals even if most do go in off his backside and confuses the bejesus out of defenders.

They will love him and i hope he does well.

You have never heard of signing fees have you? Honestly, you talk made up bum.

Take Sandro for example.

There is no football club in the world who will offer him 120 odd grand a week. He has two and a half years left on his contract.

That's potentially 130 weeks left at 120k.

That's about 15 and a half million pounds.

If his wages were halved let's say, he would need his new club to offer him a signing on fee of almost 8m to cover the reduction. I don't think there will be too many clubs thinking that's a sensible investment right now. Not whilst they need a fee to sign him first too.

These guys won't find clubs if they want the same money.

Take Sandro for example.

There is no football club in the world who will offer him 120 odd grand a week. He has two and a half years left on his contract.

If his wages were halved let's say, he would need his new club to offer him a signing on fee of almost 8m to cover the reduction. I don't think there will be too many clubs thinking that's a sensible investment right now. Now whilst they need a fee to sign him first too.

And they want the same money, why wouldnt they?

Take Sandro for example.

If his wages were halved let's say, he would need his new club to offer him a signing on fee of almost 8m to cover the reduction. I don't think there will be too many clubs thinking that's a sensible investment right now. Not whilst they need a fee to sign him first too.

Great example. He is desperate to leave but no one will offer him or us the right money. Hardly milking is it.

And they want the same money, why wouldnt they?

They should want to play above all. They should want to win. They should want people to remember things they done on the pitch.

But the root cause of this is Walsh and Koeman. Even though I thoroughly dislike the culture of picking up astronomical wages for doing frig all in modern football.

They should want to play above all. They should want to win. They should want people to remember things they done on the pitch.

But the root cause of this is Walsh and Koeman. Even though I thoroughly dislike the culture of picking up astronomical wages for doing frig all in modern football.

For some players its about playing.

Take the boy Duffy, could have stayed at Everton raking in them pennies, but off he went on his own and now hes playing in The Prem each week making a good living.

But for some, if clubs are stupid enough to pay them 5m a year, they taking every penny.

I cant say what I would do, I would probably be Sandro rather than Duffy and your lying to yourself if you think your Duffy fam.

But for some, if clubs are stupid enough to pay them 5m a year, they taking every penny.

I cant say what I would do, I would probably be Sandro rather than Duffy and your lying to yourself if you think your Duffy fam.
I've always said this. As a football fan, it's easy to let sentiment cloud your opinion and say the love of the game would make me do this or that.

In reality however, while it's a profession they may love and enjoy doing it, in the end it's ultimately a job and a job that they can't have for the rest of their lives.

If a club like ourselves is willing to pay them a fair amount of money, which will set them up for the rest of their lives, it's not unrealistic for them to milk it.

I've always said this. As a football fan, it's easy to let sentiment cloud your opinion and say the love of the game would make me do this or that.

In reality however, while it's a profession they may love and enjoy doing it, in the end it's ultimately a job and a job that they can't have for the rest of their lives.

If a club like ourselves is willing to pay them a fair amount of money, which will set them up for the rest of their lives, it's not unrealistic for them to milk it.

"I would play for Everton for free"

No you wouldnt cuss, you would take them dollar, dollar bills and lots of them.

"I would play for Everton for free"

No you wouldnt cuss, you would take them dollar, dollar bills and lots of them.
'I work as a footballer for a living and I've been offered a great contract elsewhere which means more money, I will be set up for life and it's a comfortable job.'

Replace the work footballer in that sentence with lawyer, fireman, bin man or whatever and I doubt people would be moaning if they were given the same option.

I'd be surprised.
I'm not sure what Cardiff's playing style is like, so if they give Niasse no support like he experienced under big Sam's style of play he will not score much.
...to be fair, it’s not the fault of ordinary players that they are on lengthy, mega-bucks contracts. I can fully understand that they are not prepared to take a financial hit.
Agreed, and I guess I will never understand the negative comments about Oumar...I think he has skill and potential. He was in good form last season when banned for "diving" against CP and did not get much playing time after that to get back to his previous good form. He can score goals - I hope he gets a chance to show that at Cardiff City! We shall see.

I'm not sure what Cardiff's playing style is like, so if they give Niasse no support like he experienced under big Sam's style of play he will not score much.

Agreed, and I guess I will never understand the negative comments about Oumar...I think he has skill and potential. He was in good form last season when banned for "diving" against CP and did not get much playing time after that to get back to his previous good form. He can score goals - I hope he gets a chance to show that at Cardiff City! We shall see.

...not sure about ‘skill and potential’. He is what he is, a decent athlete and game competitor. You couldn’t rely on him to join in possession play, but he can unsettle defenders with his strength and running power. Hopefully he gets a few goals for Cardiff and realises a permanent move.

Status
Not open for further replies.