2018/19 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take Sandro for example.

There is no football club in the world who will offer him 120 odd grand a week. He has two and a half years left on his contract.

That's potentially 130 weeks left at 120k.

That's about 15 and a half million pounds.

If his wages were halved let's say, he would need his new club to offer him a signing on fee of almost 8m to cover the reduction. I don't think there will be too many clubs thinking that's a sensible investment right now. Not whilst they need a fee to sign him first too.

These guys won't find clubs if they want the same money.
With Sandro I do think there’s a chance to find a deal if we pay a chunk of his wages, likely half. So if we could get about 10m or so we’d be able to break even given his minimum initial cost. Problem is he hasn’t scored in like 2 years so no one is going to want him at any price

...not sure about ‘skill and potential’. He is what he is, a decent athlete and game competitor. You couldn’t rely on him to join in possession play, but he can unsettle defenders with his strength and running power. Hopefully he gets a few goals for Cardiff and realises a permanent move.
Yes, I figured I would be called out for that but he has shown he has scoring skill and could have potentially scored more. I know people will disagree but I liked his style and think he could have scored even more goals for us last season. If you take away Rooney's hat-trick against West Ham, Niasse would have been our top scorer (tied with Rooney) and his playing minutes were a good bit less than Rooney.

Richarlison or DCL for the striking position. I personally would have Tosun over Niasse but I admit I'm slightly biased and others won't share that opinion.

I agree on Ricky, but he’s a left winger, DCL is still unproven and has too many anonymous games for me (he does show some potential though). Tosun has gone backwards at a rapid rate.

Niasse didn’t get a chance under Silva, hopefully he does well for Cardiff.

I agree on Ricky, but he’s a left winger, DCL is still unproven and has too many anonymous games for me (he does show some potential though). Tosun has gone backwards at a rapid rate.

Niasse didn’t get a chance under Silva, hopefully he does well for Cardiff.
I agree on all accounts. Also, how many real chances or starts did Niasse get under Silva...I'm pretty sure it was 1 maybe 2.

For some players its about playing.

Take the boy Duffy, could have stayed at Everton raking in them pennies, but off he went on his own and now hes playing in The Prem each week making a good living.

But for some, if clubs are stupid enough to pay them 5m a year, they taking every penny.

I cant say what I would do, I would probably be Sandro rather than Duffy and your lying to yourself if you think your Duffy fam.

I would quite happily get 30 or 40 grand a week and play over twice that and sit in the stand.

This isn't really life. This isn't one of us taking a new job offering 30k when we are on 20k a year. That's life changing.

Once you're earning anything over about 20 grand a week then you couldn't possibly need any more money. No wage increase past that point will make your life any better. It's a myth that it would. You're already set up at that point.

Yes, I figured I would be called out for that but he has shown he has scoring skill and could have potentially scored more. I know people will disagree but I liked his style and think he could have scored even more goals for us last season. If you take away Rooney's hat-trick against West Ham, Niasse would have been our top scorer (tied with Rooney) and his playing minutes were a good bit less than Rooney.

...i’d have played him ahead of Tosun, especially as a substitute.

I've adapted a James Blunt song for our boy Oumar:

Goodbye my Oumar,
Goodbye my friend,
You have been the one,
You have been the one for me.

Once you're earning anything over about 20 grand a week then you couldn't possibly need any more money. No wage increase past that point will make your life any better. It's a myth that it would. You're already set up at that point.

Whilst I agree that £20k pw is way more than enough for normal people, the bubble that top earners, in any industry, live in, dictates a different behaviour.

EMI paid Robbie Williams £80m for 5 albums.

Bet 365 paid their CEO sommet like £300m

Spin bowlers who can bowl 5 overs for 3 runs earn millions in the 20/20 leagues around the globe.

He's a decent finisher but the rest of his game isn't up to standard to play as a lone striker for us. He has no link up his first touch is poor and isn't that good in the air. He works his heart out and pops up with goals he suits a direct team like Cardiff down to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.