2018/19 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anichebe really does not fit that description. I am talking about scoring at a decent rate. His record stands up fine.

You said "He is an international footballer who has scored goals in multiple nations and in European competition."

How about Mo Johnston or Mickaël Madar or Ibrahima Bakayoko?

Your definition does not automatically make him a good footballer

Mikey, I understand what you are saying, he can frustrate you, most probably frustrates himself, and long term he is not the answer but how many minutes has he played this season: Tosun is not the answer either, long term or otherwise and of the two I prefer Niasse because he will score more than Tosun and upsets the other team more.

Each to their own, but if you can watch the two of them and come to that conclusion, I'm staggered. Opinions I guess.

Each to their own, but if you can watch the two of them and come to that conclusion, I'm staggered. Opinions I guess.
Fair enough: Goals per minutes on the pitch, Niasse was near the top of the premier league scorers last season, I know how poor he is, and Tosun offers nothing for me, one goal in his last fourteen league appearances.

Thing about Niasse is you can’t set a team up to execute specific tactics that must end with... chaos theory, his link up play is so erratic that you can’t have any consistency, he has banged away a few for sure, but it’s total lottery stuff, a team needs to trust and know what each other are doing AND what each other are going to do....

I think he's a better player than a lot of you pretend he is. Good player to bring off the bench, offers something different to Tosun and you can tell defenders don't like playing against him.
He’s horrendous a joke of a footballer, it’s a disgrace after spending so much money he’s still getting games. I’m embarrassed he’s a Everton player.

Tosun & DCL aren’t good enough either, a top class striker in January is priority

You said "He is an international footballer who has scored goals in multiple nations and in European competition."

How about Mo Johnston or Mickaël Madar or Ibrahima Bakayoko?

Your definition does not automatically make him a good footballer

Mickael Madar was a good player though. I don't trust anyone who thinks he was a bad player. Great touch, good in the air, intelligent passing and movement. Of course he missed one (bad) sitter against the RS and he was deemed a bad player because that's how our fans are.

Mo Johnston was also a good player, just not for us (though I would take his 10 goals in 30 games for us right now...)

Actually I will even say Bakayoko was decent elsewhere, just not for us. See that's the thing, people see how players are in one small time frame and then assume they are not good footballers.

Besides the fact is Niasse gets goals and makes things happen. Regardless of what you think of him as a traditional footballer the facts are right there in front of you.

I think he's a better player than a lot of you pretend he is. Good player to bring off the bench, offers something different to Tosun and you can tell defenders don't like playing against him.

Some people can't get their head around that you can not be particularly good at "traditional" football things and yet still be effective.

Thing about Niasse is you can’t set a team up to execute specific tactics that must end with... chaos theory, his link up play is so erratic that you can’t have any consistency, he has banged away a few for sure, but it’s total lottery stuff, a team needs to trust and know what each other are doing AND what each other are going to do....

Silva is known as a good tactician right? He has had Niasse at two clubs and used him both times so he probably isn't as random and erratic as some think.

Or maybe Silva is an idiot...

Some people can't get their head around that you can not be particularly good at "traditional" football things and yet still be effective.

I can absolutely accept that given the right circumstances, he can cause problems.

Thing is though, as a "footballer", he's not very good at all and a style where our players are passing the ball around more and there's a greater emphasis on technique means he sticks out even more than he has done before.

I see Tosun getting stick, yet he is light years ahead of Niasse as a player. That's what doesn't add up to me

you keep making this point, and you are right, under say a sam allardyce who has no clear football plan it is all about defending first and pump the ball forward someone like niasse will cause problems, he'll chase balls down and force defenders/keepers into mistakes by being a nuisance ( which is were a lot of his goals come from ) but as the feller above points out silva wants us to actually play football so our players need to know how to play football, niasse doesn't,

Status
Not open for further replies.