2018/19 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s because most of the time he comes on we are chasing a game and throwing caution to the wind.

Look how he performs when he starts. Awful because basically that’s what he is

But we only need to turn to him because we are awful in the first instance, and as awful as you say he is, he invariably finds himself with more of the ball, more chances, and appears to be more of a nuisance/threat in his short cameos than Tosun does in his much longer and much less fruitful appearances.

But we only need to turn to him because we are awful in the first instance, and as awful as you say he is, he invariably finds himself with more of the ball, more chances, and appears to be more of a nuisance/threat in his short cameos than Tosun does in his much longer and much less fruitful appearances.

Agree. He's game, always seems to be fit when we're short and hasn't ever really had a run in the side for us to work out how to play him best. Popular in squad, and he loves 'Evinton', too. 2nd half of games we're chasing + cups + back-up for injuries. Keep.

you keep making this point, and you are right, under say a sam allardyce who has no clear football plan it is all about defending first and pump the ball forward someone like niasse will cause problems, he'll chase balls down and force defenders/keepers into mistakes by being a nuisance ( which is were a lot of his goals come from ) but as the feller above points out silva wants us to actually play football so our players need to know how to play football, niasse doesn't,

Fair points but there is one thing that stands out here. He had him at Hull and he is still giving him game time here so he must see some use in him.

He is what he is, a useful option from the bench who can change a game. He doesn't need to be anything more than that.

He does "know" how to play football. Comments like that annoy the hell out of me (and I get that you are over exaggerating it to get the point across here). I suppose it depends how you define "football" really. I don't think he is just an athlete who runs around a bit and gets lucky. You cant get to where he is today by being that. He has good and bad traits like any footballer. For example I like his movement and his positioning, I think he is very strong in tight spaces and he can hit a ball truly and with some power. I also happen to think his passing is ropy at times and his control can be poor but I like what he is good at and think it can change games.

I am not very good at remembering exact games but I do find people seem to neglect the times that he has shown his worth to a side. Like the passing and movement with Tom Davies last season when he first came back into the side and scored (Bournemouth maybe?) and there have been a few instances where he has chased a lost cause, held up the ball well and then set someone up for a chance. That's good football to me.

I can absolutely accept that given the right circumstances, he can cause problems.

Thing is though, as a "footballer", he's not very good at all and a style where our players are passing the ball around more and there's a greater emphasis on technique means he sticks out even more than he has done before.

I see Tosun getting stick, yet he is light years ahead of Niasse as a player. That's what doesn't add up to me

Of course Tosun is a better "footballer". It's not always about that though as daft as it sounds. Its the end result that counts. I dunno, Adel Tarabt is a better "footballer" than James Milner for example. Who would you have in your side? Maybe thats not fair as Tarabt was more attacking but how about Mo Besic? Mo has all the talent in the world but it doesn't mean he is effective.

I think I am one of the rare ones who actually likes all 3 of our strikers. I don't think any of them are perfect, far from it, but I can see what their uses are.

He’s horrendous a joke of a footballer, it’s a disgrace after spending so much money he’s still getting games. I’m embarrassed he’s a Everton player.

Tosun & DCL aren’t good enough either, a top class striker in January is priority

We had a top class striker. One of the best around.

Where did we finish in the league?

He makes defenders turn round with his runs and creates space with his movement. 2 things our other strikers don’t do.

He also harasses the opposition to win the ball back, Tosun is also pretty decent at that but he’s off the boil in everything else he’s supposed to do.

DCL can finish if it’s on a plate for him and he’s proven to be good against lower league teams, the 3 of them are defo not good enough as first choice, but at the minute Oumar is by far the better option.

I'm sorry, but what benefit does it have now, with a closed transfer window, you repeatedly telling people none of our centre forwards are good enough, and repeatedly saying "ive been saying this for ages"?
Well, the team cant hear me and this is a forum where people tend to say "I told you so". That's what I'm doing.

..we’ve needed a Lukaku replacement since Lukaku left. I suppose the problem is finding one buts that’s why the likes of Steve Walsh and Marcel Brands are paid so much money. Mere mortals like us know what the requirement is, it’s about time the DoF met that requirement.
I also think it's a matter of having a different type of striker to turn to off the bench. Even the elite teams have some flexibility in approach wherby they can look to get an aerial threat on the pitch and some physicality out there to change a game. Surely there was a player of that nature available without having to pay £30M or whatever?

I also think it's a matter of having a different type of striker to turn to off the bench. Even the elite teams have some flexibility in approach wherby they can look to get an aerial threat on the pitch and some physicality out there to change a game. Surely there was a player of that nature available without having to pay £30M or whatever?

Peter Crouch was available I believe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.