2018/19 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Tosun's biggest problem, and its the opposite of what is wrong with DCL, as DCL gets loads of chances but typically misses them.

I'd rather a striker like DCL to be honest, someone who at least gets into goal scoring positions. Tosun is a very poor option imo.
DCL is not what this team needs right now, we need players that score goals, even if they are terrible, rather than guys that can't finish.

DCL neither scores goals nor creates them

I like him, but he's utterly bobbins at playing football

He has a very limited set of skills that, on his day, he can put to good use, but we've seen precious little of that so far this season

I'll always be happy for him that he bounced back somewhat from an awful start to score a few goals and become a cult hero, but his days really should be numbered now and I'd move him on in January if we can find a buyer

DCL is not what this team needs right now, we need players that score goals, even if they are terrible, rather than guys that can't finish.

He had seven assists in his breakthrough season last year.

But my point is that DCL at least gets himself into positions in which he typically misses. Tosun seems to struggle to even generate a chance at goal. I think that DCL has better pace, better heading ability, and is better at finding himself in goal scoring positions, and that's why I'd pick him ahead of Tosun on Sunday.

I like him, but he's utterly bobbins at playing football

He has a very limited set of skills that, on his day, he can put to good use, but we've seen precious little of that so far this season

I'll always be happy for him that he bounced back somewhat from an awful start to score a few goals and become a cult hero, but his days really should be numbered now and I'd move him on in January if we can find a buyer
Mikey, I understand what you are saying, he can frustrate you, most probably frustrates himself, and long term he is not the answer but how many minutes has he played this season: Tosun is not the answer either, long term or otherwise and of the two I prefer Niasse because he will score more than Tosun and upsets the other team more.

Mikey, I understand what you are saying, he can frustrate you, most probably frustrates himself, and long term he is not the answer but how many minutes has he played this season: Tosun is not the answer either, long term or otherwise and of the two I prefer Niasse because he will score more than Tosun and upsets the other team more.
You make out like he is like Diego Costa when he is to use the recent vernacular - bobbins.
He might upset teams as they may be too busy laughing at his control, dribbling, shooting, etc. to pay him attention and he gets a scoring chance, not the best strategy though moving forward.

You make out like he is like Diego Costa when he is to use the recent vernacular - bobbins.
He might upset teams as they may be too busy laughing at his control, dribbling, shooting, etc. to pay him attention and he gets a scoring chance, not the best strategy though moving forward.
RobC, Niasse is as far away from Costa, who I wouldn't dream of comparing Niasse to, as Tosun is, I know how poor the two of them are, just saying in my opinion Oumar would be my pick out of the two of them, although neither will be of much use in the long run.

Didn't he have something like 9 premier assists last season ? Not that bad for a striker really.

Agree DCL is not good enough to be a regular starter for us at the moment. But he is still young and learning the game and, when everyone is fit he probably wouldn't be higher than 3rd choice for up front or 5th choice for one of the 2 wide positions. He's only playing because of injuries. As a squad player with time on his side to improve he's fine.

Can't understand why people seem unable to accept this.

Same with all our young players apart from Recharlison. None are ready to be regular starters yet. Thought Holgate might have been but he needs to improve aspects of his game too. But as squad players at this stage in their careers I think they're doing absolutely fine.

but niasse hasn't taken his chance when he's been given a go, I genuinely think and I mean this that I can control, pass a ball etc better than what he can. he started against bury or whoever it was in the cup if he scored a couple he probably would have started the next game, he missed abar 10 sitters. hes crap he'll never be any good

Didn't he have something like 9 premier assists last season ? Not that bad for a striker really.

Agree DCL is not good enough to be a regular starter for us at the moment. But he is still young and learning the game and, when everyone is fit he probably wouldn't be higher than 3rd choice for up front or 5th choice for one of the 2 wide positions. He's only playing because of injuries. As a squad player with time on his side to improve he's fine.

Can't understand why people seem unable to accept this.

Same with all our young players apart from Recharlison. None are ready to be regular starters yet. Thought Holgate might have been but he needs to improve aspects of his game too. But as squad players at this stage in their careers I think they're doing absolutely fine.
Totally agree mate. Regarding the strikers its about working with what we have at the moment. Which in my opinion means playing Tosun and hope he starts to score or give DCL a chance. Nothing we can do until a transfer window to rectify the striking position.

If he put that shot away that hit the bar we would all be singing a different song here. It was hard lines and cannoned back off the bar. The good thing is he got into the position a poacher should be getting into but chances like that should hit the net. He done well though so imagine a few more balls in from our talented left and right side.

If he put that shot away that hit the bar we would all be singing a different song here. It was hard lines and cannoned back off the bar. The good thing is he got into the position a poacher should be getting into but chances like that should hit the net. He done well though so imagine a few more balls in from our talented left and right side.
Disagree mate. I thought that shot that hit the bar was his best moment of the game, even though it's easy to argue he should really have scored.

His general play was worse than bad, probably on a par with Tosun who I thought had possibly the worse game by an Everton striker in a few years.

but niasse hasn't taken his chance when he's been given a go, I genuinely think and I mean this that I can control, pass a ball etc better than what he can. he started against bury or whoever it was in the cup if he scored a couple he probably would have started the next game, he missed abar 10 sitters. hes crap he'll never be any good
I know how bad he is, for get about him for now: About yourself, how old are you, are you fit and still playing? I know a few scouts, if you come through about me as your agent. Not messing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.