2018/19 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the poor and decent things Niasse brings, in our current squad, he's fine as a squad player as backup, and good enough at least to keep DCL and Tosun on their toes, if not pushing them to higher standards. A bit of competition that's all. If we get someone of a better quality, then DCL / Tosun become back up players.
He's certainly a huge improvement on Tosun.

Fair shout, but he's not a player you want challenging your main striker.

It's not good when we're losing and all we have as another option upfront is Niasse.

Maybe not but he is a useful option and we have all seen the proof yet some of us still want to ignore it.

I don't agree with it not being good that he is another option though. What do you get with Oumar? Chances. People can say (and do say) what they want about the lad but he always finds himself with chances. DCL and Tosun can spend whole games without a sniff of goal. No matter the situation, opponent etc, Niasse always seems to find himself in a position to score.

Of course some will then claim this is pure luck or something as opposed to actually conceding that he has intelligent movement and good positioning because he has no qualities etc.

The slating for him hitting the bar this past week is ridiculous too. Anyone can see that he was unsighted as Calvert Lewin went to head the ball first and missed it. He actually showed decent technique to get a shot off with that much power with a millisecond to react to it.

Ideally of course you want better, everyone wants better in everything, but he is a useful option and right now he offers more of a consistent goal threat than any of the strikers we have.

I genuinely think if he played week in week out he would be looking about 20 goals a season for us. He would also have just as many loose passes put into the main stand and incidents of tripping over his own feet. It depends where people are happy to trade off these sides of his game. Personally, give me the goals.

What do you get with Oumar? Chances. People can say (and do say) what they want about the lad but he always finds himself with chances. DCL and Tosun can spend whole games without a sniff of goal. No matter the situation, opponent etc, Niasse always seems to find himself in a position to score.

This. He seems to get more chances in 5 minutes than anyone on for 90.

Maybe not but he is a useful option and we have all seen the proof yet some of us still want to ignore it.

I don't agree with it not being good that he is another option though. What do you get with Oumar? Chances. People can say (and do say) what they want about the lad but he always finds himself with chances. DCL and Tosun can spend whole games without a sniff of goal. No matter the situation, opponent etc, Niasse always seems to find himself in a position to score.

Of course some will then claim this is pure luck or something as opposed to actually conceding that he has intelligent movement and good positioning because he has no qualities etc.

The slating for him hitting the bar this past week is ridiculous too. Anyone can see that he was unsighted as Calvert Lewin went to head the ball first and missed it. He actually showed decent technique to get a shot off with that much power with a millisecond to react to it.

Ideally of course you want better, everyone wants better in everything, but he is a useful option and right now he offers more of a consistent goal threat than any of the strikers we have.

I genuinely think if he played week in week out he would be looking about 20 goals a season for us. He would also have just as many loose passes put into the main stand and incidents of tripping over his own feet. It depends where people are happy to trade off these sides of his game. Personally, give me the goals.

isn't tosun getting slated because he missed some absolute sitters on Sunday ( 3 I think it was ) so if your basing your opinion on who can miss the most sitters then tosun should get the nod?

he's had a bad couple of games but he looked solid when he was playing with richarlison, if it's a choice between the three strikers id have tosun all day long, niasse should be in the circus or something

saying that I'd start with richarlison upfront against arsenal and bring in bernard

I think its time to get Bernard more heavily involved, he must be getting his fitness now,so needs to start or certainly be first off the bench depending on circumstances. Would think he'd gel well with Richarlison,and Theo would also benefit. Lets give Arsenal problems down our left, and Theo on the right has the brain and speed to capitalise.

Status
Not open for further replies.