2018/19 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warnock was asked about this and said that Niasses work rate and play for the team was exceptional. He just didn't get many chances to score, because Cardiff were ...er...not very good at creating chances. Oumar spent a lot of time on the wing as their out ball and on occasions his hold up play was very good. I honestly don't mind if he stays , he could just be that random option from the bench that changes a game for us. He's done that before.

Yep, I'd expect a Cardiff manager ( of a team relegated) to say mice things about him Steve.

He's a bloody awful togger player with a cracking attitude which I won't knock.

I want my strikers though to look like they want to score and he is far far below the standard required/demanded/expected for Everton as you well know as an experienced Evertonian

mad how you can defend his record at Cardiff here you know, Cardiff are terrible tbf but he went like 14 games without a single goal, regardless of how poor they are you should at least have a goal by luck in that amount of games, he's not, never has and never will be good enough for us

we need to swerve this attitude that any chump who works hard is sound and "can do a job" if we go into the season with Niasse as "on option" we have failed miserable in the transfer window in the striker department

Niasse has had plenty of chances to shine, didn't happen, no sign he is likely to improve either, whereas DCL has improved his all round game and has earned his chance to prove he can be a goal scorer we desperately need.

DCL is very useful against the better sides, where he can use his pace and strength to cause their defenders problems even if he is up there on his own. IMO he is not good enough against weaker sides who sit back, as neither his movement or finishing is good enough.

Niasse is only useful when thrown on in the last ten minutes and we are playing in League Two.

Would cause teams more problems off the bench than Tosun, DCL holds the ball up better than Niasse and thats about it

They're both poor

Status
Not open for further replies.