Onyango or Onyangno?

Onyango or Onyangno?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed today a certain tall individual in the background of a few videos and pictures.

He's been at the club since the age of 8 and made his first team debut in the FA Cup last season against Sheffield Wednesday where he got 5 mins at the end of the game.

Doucoure recently came out and said "I think sometimes when you play a three, we have more possession in the midfield and more numbers in the middle, so sometimes it's better."

Also I think most Evertonians can see a glaring problem in the midfield right now with massive gaps between the defence and midfield, which lets face it has been a major problem now for many many years.

There is no doubt that Doucoure and Allan are going to remain the first choice midfielders in the long term however maybe Mr Onyango could be the missing link in midfield that we need.

If you look at the other options at the moment you have Davies (injured), Gomes (aka slowmes), Gbamin and Delph (the sicknotes) and Sigurdsson (on annual leave).

Now admittedly I don't know too much about this young man's youth career and how he has progressed in the under 23's but what I do know is that according to some sources his height is between 1.90m - 1.96m. According to my research he also had a serious ankle injury a while back but appears to have made good progress since.

Now if he is actually 1.96m, by my very brief research, I think he could be the tallest midfielder in the premier league. I think the next tallest midfielder is Nemanja Matic at 1.94m. Now I am not equating height to talent in any way but I see similarities in his physique to Paul Pogba and if he is as athletic as Doucoure then that sounds like a lethal combo to me.

I know the young lad is only 18, almost 19 and I don't want to heap pressure on his young shoulders but if you look at Declan Rice at West Ham he made his first team debut for them at the age of 18 years and 4 months and has now played in more than 150 prem games. On the other hand he could be the next Tom Davies and might just be an average player.

I would say the most famous example to use right now though is Jude Bellingham who is almost 4 months younger than Onyango and is a regular first team player at Dortmund and has 10 caps for England. So for me, age is not an excuse to not give him a go.

Personally, I would like to see us try and use a 3 man midfield with Doucoure, Allan and Onyango. I understand some people would argue that we are in a "relegation battle" and therefore we can't really afford to mess around with tactics right now but this season is basically a write off and I don't think we will end up in a relegation battle and I also don't see us finishing any higher than 10th. So personally, I think we should take the risk and try a 3 man midfield with Onyango. I mean we've tried worse experiments already this season with Rondon as the playmaker and playing 5 at the back with coleman at left back so what harm is 1 more experiment.

So Onyango or Onyangno?

obligatory youtube video compilation as well

I think it’s more likely that Gbamin, Delph. Gomes or even Holgate will get to start ahead of Onyango on Saturday, just because of their experience.

I agree we need to play 3 in the middle though

I noticed today a certain tall individual in the background of a few videos and pictures.

He's been at the club since the age of 8 and made his first team debut in the FA Cup last season against Sheffield Wednesday where he got 5 mins at the end of the game.

Doucoure recently came out and said "I think sometimes when you play a three, we have more possession in the midfield and more numbers in the middle, so sometimes it's better."

Also I think most Evertonians can see a glaring problem in the midfield right now with massive gaps between the defence and midfield, which lets face it has been a major problem now for many many years.

There is no doubt that Doucoure and Allan are going to remain the first choice midfielders in the long term however maybe Mr Onyango could be the missing link in midfield that we need.

If you look at the other options at the moment you have Davies (injured), Gomes (aka slowmes), Gbamin and Delph (the sicknotes) and Sigurdsson (on annual leave).

Now admittedly I don't know too much about this young man's youth career and how he has progressed in the under 23's but what I do know is that according to some sources his height is between 1.90m - 1.96m. According to my research he also had a serious ankle injury a while back but appears to have made good progress since.

Now if he is actually 1.96m, by my very brief research, I think he could be the tallest midfielder in the premier league. I think the next tallest midfielder is Nemanja Matic at 1.94m. Now I am not equating height to talent in any way but I see similarities in his physique to Paul Pogba and if he is as athletic as Doucoure then that sounds like a lethal combo to me.

I know the young lad is only 18, almost 19 and I don't want to heap pressure on his young shoulders but if you look at Declan Rice at West Ham he made his first team debut for them at the age of 18 years and 4 months and has now played in more than 150 prem games. On the other hand he could be the next Tom Davies and might just be an average player.

I would say the most famous example to use right now though is Jude Bellingham who is almost 4 months younger than Onyango and is a regular first team player at Dortmund and has 10 caps for England. So for me, age is not an excuse to not give him a go.

Personally, I would like to see us try and use a 3 man midfield with Doucoure, Allan and Onyango. I understand some people would argue that we are in a "relegation battle" and therefore we can't really afford to mess around with tactics right now but this season is basically a write off and I don't think we will end up in a relegation battle and I also don't see us finishing any higher than 10th. So personally, I think we should take the risk and try a 3 man midfield with Onyango. I mean we've tried worse experiments already this season with Rondon as the playmaker and playing 5 at the back with coleman at left back so what harm is 1 more experiment.

So Onyango or Onyangno?

so what i got from this was.... you don't know much about him as a player or how he has progressed, but because he is tall we should play him?

So Onyango or Onyangno?

Said the same in another post agree with you. I would like see him patterson Branthwaite all come in

I think it’s more likely that Gbamin, Delph. Gomes or even Holgate will get to start ahead of Onyango on Saturday, just because of their experience.

I agree we need to play 3 in the middle though
Dunc isn’t playing anything other 4-2-2, good old fashioned kick and run.

Regardless of the merits or otherwise of playing him, I think he will defo get game time.

Since everyone fawned over Lampard for playing youth players (irrespective of tactics, etc) coaches can see it’s a quick win with fans. Ferguson will defo do it IMO and Lampard (god forbid) would continue with it should he take over.

Dunc isn’t playing anything other 4-2-2, good old fashioned kick and run.
Thats deffo a losing formation right there of we start with 2 fewer outfield players than the opposition.

I'd like to see more youth tried .... I mean how exactly do any players get experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.