Once Everton has touched you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was hard as a 2 year old. My Dad had his season ticket at Goodison and My Grandad (Mums Dad) had a season ticket at Anfield. I liked my grandad more lol but did the Loyal thing and became a blue.

Zillions of years later and now they've both gone I realise the bollock that 2 year old droppedlol

sopranos.jpg

Been on this road since 1966. Seen more tripe than caviar but wouldn’t change a thing. There are only three teams had more success than us and although we have been on the crest of a slump for nearly three decades they remain my club. Always.

Tell that to the 2 generations that have never seen us challenge for anything. We are becoming a footnote because we are falling behind badly. Being the 4th most successful club is scant consolation for the tripe wehave to endure season after season in the modern game.

Lost count how many times they have broken my heart,first time I can truly recall was a home derby December 1973,we lost 1-0,had a disallowed goal,their goal shinned in off the post,the scorer waddle looking suspiciously offside,you know the script,saturday hurt,but we expect it these days don't we?,at least it doesn't break my heart anymore,think it's immunisation;)lol

It was hard as a 2 year old. My Dad had his season ticket at Goodison and My Grandad (Mums Dad) had a season ticket at Anfield. I liked my grandad more lol but did the Loyal thing and became a blue.

Zillions of years later and now they've both gone I realise the bollock that 2 year old droppedlol

No amount of trophies could make me wish I was one of them. I'd take 20 years of Mike Walker's Everton before I'd have 1 day of being a RS. lol

BernieH, as I’ve said I’ve experienced more tosh than most on this forum and we are what we are. It’s a significantly different game on every level than it was back in the 60s and 70s. I’m as disillusioned as the next Evertonian but they remain MY club. That’s not going to change just because we haven’t a trophy for donkey’s years.

Status
Not open for further replies.