Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've been open about my personal opinion in here. A club with apparent ambition of top 4, as we are told, does not sell a Romelu Lukaku for £75m and replace him with a 31 year old bench warmer from a club we are trying to displace.
He may make our squad 'better', but that should not be the determining factor alone.
We should look for better.
Maybe I'm the only one in here.
I think you are.

Signing 'up and coming' players in the hope that they'll get better than taking the opportunity to sign someone proven like Giroud, who is realistically the best we can get, is a bit daft for a team that wants to push for CL places. That kind of approach works on FIFA and FM but not real life.

Aw right coz eh ye've got tae be careful down Leith likes. Even on a Monday morning yere on tenterhooks ken?
cnfsn.gif

I've thought from the very state that a move to Merseyside would be extremely unappealing to Giroud. He's living it up in the capital and probably wouldn't even be guaranteed starts in more than around 60% of our games, so why would he join us? Rooney isn't going to the sitting on the bench earning 150k a week is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.