Old Everton Pictures

Terry griffin and Barry wellings were 2 lads from Halewood. I knew terry quite well played football with him as a kid. he was a fantastic footballer. he played in the same Street team as David Jones. I believe terry was the captain of the Everton A or B team for quite a few years. I think he got dissolusoned with not getting a chance higher up and he liked a pint he just drifted out of football.

Yes the only one to make it almost if he had kept to his diet.......Sur @Eggs and Dario may no some local lads who never made it with us?
A fool to himself really Kendall must have sold him 1983 .
If he had looked after himself properly he could have been part of the best team in the country.
A mate of mine was in one of the lounges after the game one time and said Billy had 6 pints in a hour.

Always a smile on Bally face -
1591178969610.png

I knew Brian Monighan and Kevin McGrady. Both played for Bootle boys with Monighan from the Marsh lane area and McGrady from Netherton. Played against Monighan at this period on a sunday morning(when they were allowed to play against other teams). He played for a Marsh lane team. He played up front, good player but a right angry head if you tackled him. Squared up to him a few times ha. Think he was let go at 16 and not certain but may have gone to New Zealand.
Kevin Mac was a great lad and a great family of blues. Not sure how because I thought now he would have been playing football.but think about that time I was on a coach from Netherton going to see Everton at Sheff United. He was with his brother.. we ended up parked in the street next to thir home end. There was a full scale riot in our end, Dont know what caused it.We know what the Sheffield police were like. They waded in and Everton supporters responded which ended with it said in the paper 22 arrested. I was at the front behind the goal when something whistled past our ears and landed on the pitch. A copper picked it up and it turned out to be a hatchet. After the game we came out and Everton supporters turned right up to the home end. But no Sheffield supporters to be seen. I was glad cos that's were our coach was parked. One of the maddest games I have been to.
Think Kevin or his brother were arrested and he may have been released from Everton due to that. Think he went abroad to play also

I knew Brian Monighan and Kevin McGrady. Both played for Bootle boys with Monighan from the Marsh lane area and McGrady from Netherton. Played against Monighan at this period on a sunday morning(when they were allowed to play against other teams). He played for a Marsh lane team. He played up front, good player but a right angry head if you tackled him. Squared up to him a few times ha. Think he was let go at 16 and not certain but may have gone to New Zealand.
Kevin Mac was a great lad and a great family of blues. Not sure how because I thought now he would have been playing football.but think about that time I was on a coach from Netherton going to see Everton at Sheff United. He was with his brother.. we ended up parked in the street next to thir home end. There was a full scale riot in our end, Dont know what caused it.We know what the Sheffield police were like. They waded in and Everton supporters responded which ended with it said in the paper 22 arrested. I was at the front behind the goal when something whistled past our ears and landed on the pitch. A copper picked it up and it turned out to be a hatchet. After the game we came out and Everton supporters turned right up to the home end. But no Sheffield supporters to be seen. I was glad cos that's were our coach was parked. One of the maddest games I have been to.
Think Kevin or his brother were arrested and he may have been released from Everton due to that. Think he went abroad to play also
A gang of scallies then lol