Old Everton Pictures

The GV in his younger days at Hearts again showing his prowess in the air - what a CF he really was -
1591182669784.png

The goodison road terrace packed again. Did we ever find out what the capacity of that terracing was? And by the looks of it it seemed that there was no fence between it and the St. End
My older brother reckons apart from the paddock? boys pen area you used to be able to walk all around Goodison terraces from the corner to the Glawdys street ....ie you could change ends easily at half time .......

My older brother reckons apart from the paddock? boys pen area you used to be able to walk all around Goodison terraces from the corner to the Glawdys street ....ie you could change ends easily at half time .......
Have googled about the terrace but no information comes up even on the everton story of goodison park article. Saw that the St.end terrace had a capacity of 12000 and when you see pics of the goodison road terrace it dwarfs that. Think the kop was 24000 so maybe about 18000?

Just obtained a great little pamphlet with photos from the Daily Post from 1996/97. Her is an extract of the page covering our pounding of Southampton. I have added photos of Stuart's opening goal, Kanchelskis's header for the fifth and Barmby completing the scoring. Good old days
16.11.96.JPG
4172 16.11.96 Stuart v Southampton (H) Graham Stuart scores from close in to open the scoring ...JPG
4177 16.11.96 Kanchelskis v Southampton (H) Andrei Kanchelskis meets a cross from Andy Hinchcl...JPG
4178 16.11.96 Barmby v Southampton (H) Nicky Barmby slides home a low cross from Andrei Kanche...JPG