Where's the Street End clock
When was this taken
Looks cold

Edit:
Just 4 points;
Where's the Street End Clock
When was this taken
Looks cold
Bally looks sad, this wasn't when he left was it...looks like it could've been staged - Alan Ball treads Goodison for the last time
Good point about the clock. Guessing it was down for a while as a result of the
2 points;
When was this taken
Looks cold

Edit:
Just 3 points;
Where's the Street End clock
When was this taken
Looks cold

Edit:
Just 4 points;
When was this taken
Looks cold
Bally looks sad, this wasn't when he left was it...looks like it could've been staged - Alan Ball treads Goodison for the last time
Good point about the clock. Not sure when it was put back.

Don,t the clocks go back in October....:)

this will be the one Allez
zz00250083.jpg

Last edited:
Everton manager Harry Catterick says farewell to the player. December 1971 outside Bellefield before collecting his boots from Goodison

Don,t the clocks go back in October....:)

this will be the one Allez
zz00250083.jpg
He actually looks like we all felt. One of the worst moments supporting Everton. Anyone suspect the cost of the stand might have anything to do with it? £220k was a massive sum then and Catterick was a fella to break up teams and build again if he thought his ways were wearing off.....

I remember it vaguely,can any older blues recall pat Jennings getting hit by a bottle at the street end at that game?
thought it was when the game was going on, might be wrong can recall it.
here is what he said in an interview, who would be a goalkeeper in those days.

Playing at a time of widespread violence in English soccer, Pat gives a remarkable insight on the programme to the dangers facing goalkeepers in the 1970s and 1980s. “I’ve had everything thrown at me from door handles to snooker balls to beer bottles,” Pat says on the programme. “They even used coins with the edges sanded down like razor blades. If they had hit you they would have split you and cut you to bits. I played in a game at Everton one afternoon and a Coca-Cola bottle hit me bang on the top of the head. “I was playing at Nottingham Forest one afternoon and I went nine or ten yards out of my goal to get a back-pass. Next thing I felt something going into my arm. When I looked down there was a dart stuck full-length into my arm. Thankfully, all that side of it is gone now

thought it was when the game was going on, might be wrong can recall it.
here is what he said in an interview, who would be a goalkeeper in those days.

Playing at a time of widespread violence in English soccer, Pat gives a remarkable insight on the programme to the dangers facing goalkeepers in the 1970s and 1980s. “I’ve had everything thrown at me from door handles to snooker balls to beer bottles,” Pat says on the programme. “They even used coins with the edges sanded down like razor blades. If they had hit you they would have split you and cut you to bits. I played in a game at Everton one afternoon and a Coca-Cola bottle hit me bang on the top of the head. “I was playing at Nottingham Forest one afternoon and I went nine or ten yards out of my goal to get a back-pass. Next thing I felt something going into my arm. When I looked down there was a dart stuck full-length into my arm. Thankfully, all that side of it is gone now
Cheers Edge mate:)

He actually looks like we all felt. One of the worst moments supporting Everton. Anyone suspect the cost of the stand might have anything to do with it? £220k was a massive sum then and Catterick was a fella to break up teams and build again if he thought his ways were wearing off.....
HC was ever the pragmatist and I think he saw what we paid Blackpool for Bally being doubled by Arsenal..and we got 5 years out of him. Emotions werent a feature of HC...that was left to us and I know that that was my first heartache and tears as an Evertonian.

HC was ever the pragmatist and I think he saw what we paid Blackpool for Bally being doubled by Arsenal..and we got 5 years out of him. Emotions werent a feature of HC...that was left to us and I know that that was my first heartache and tears as an Evertonian.
Sad but true - if a tad short sighted.
Harry was a child of the 30's and 40's and the game was changing, Harry wasn't for any of that, he failed to see that 30 was not the kiss of death it used to be.
The Ball of '71 was not the Ball of '66 and if the game was changing so was Ball.
I think Harry could only the down side of that - not the fact that Ball had moved on to being a solid all round Mid Fielder from the all action goal machine he was in his youth.
Oh and the Double your Money probably tipped the balance.

Ball and Collins - Harry's 2 biggest mistakes(?). But he couldn't help himself...anybody who had a bit of a gob and a mind of his own, had 2 strikes against them to start.