Old Everton Pictures

That is a truly magnificent picture right there mate. I'm 38 yo so never got to see this legend play for our great club but if ever a player truly looks like they belong in their surroundings then that image tells it.

Superb post mate, probably the best image I've seen in this thread

I love watching old videos on you tube of him playing in the royal blue jersey, he had such energy and an appetite for playing and a complete competitor a winner. It seemed that he covered every blade of grass on the pitch he was everywhere.

I love watching old videos on you tube of him playing in the royal blue jersey, he had such energy and an appetite for playing and a complete competitor a winner. It seemed that he covered every blade of grass on the pitch he was everywhere.

If you haven't already mate, post any vids of him in the video match thread. I watched a brilliant one where we beat utd who had Best and Charlton playing and Ball is but Young stood out for me that game!

jcN7Nz.jpg

That is a truly magnificent picture right there mate. I'm 38 yo so never got to see this legend play for our great club but if ever a player truly looks like they belong in their surroundings then that image tells it.

Does anyone actually know when that photo was taken? I had always sort of assumed it might have been one of the last ones before he was transferred. Probably wrongly but I had read a sadness in it that he was on his way.

I did a bit of looking around. A photo of him at the same moment but turned slightly towards the main stand with boots over his shoulder is on the Mirror media site with a description of him have trained at Bellefield for the last time then gone back to the stadium to collect his boots.
Sad. It was a tough day at school that one. Wrecked Christmas!

Does anyone actually know when that photo was taken? I had always sort of assumed it might have been one of the last ones before he was transferred. Probably wrongly but I had read a sadness in it that he was on his way.
That photo was taken in 1971. The main stand is complete and that's when construction had finished.

He went to Arsenal in late 1971.

Jeff
I did a bit of checking myself after I put out that question. It seems to be one of a few that describe him having trained for the last time at Bellefield and then back to Goodison for the last time to collect his boots. I found prints for purchase on the Mirror media site. Don't think I will be buying....getting kicked out of European cup QF, then losing FA semi to that lot at Old Trafford in the Spring then Ball's transfer in the December made 1971 a pretty bad year. Catterick's heart attack early 1972 (I think) made for a sad time as a great team struggled and began to break up.

I did a bit of looking around. A photo of him at the same moment but turned slightly towards the main stand with boots over his shoulder is on the Mirror media site with a description of him have trained at Bellefield for the last time then gone back to the stadium to collect his boots.

That photo was taken in 1971. The main stand is complete and that's when construction had finished.

He went to Arsenal in late 1971.
Sorry Jeff, got quotes separate from my post

Jeff
I did a bit of checking myself after I put out that question. It seems to be one of a few that describe him having trained for the last time at Bellefield and then back to Goodison for the last time to collect his boots. I found prints for purchase on the Mirror media site. Don't think I will be buying....getting kicked out of European cup QF, then losing FA semi to that lot at Old Trafford in the Spring then Ball's transfer in the December made 1971 a pretty bad year. Catterick's heart attack early 1972 (I think) made for a sad time as a great team struggled and began to break up.
Yes, it was a very disappointing season after the fabulous 1969/70 championship. I was based in London and
followed us all over with the London based Evertonians, many of them at Goodison, and to be honest Bally had
some ordinary games. Certainly, he was nowhere near the level as in seasons before that one.

Mind you, he wasn't on his own, there!

I'm sure I've seen this photo previously mate and it is of Bally collecting his boots and on his way out of Goodison,Bullens Road/Park End side for the very lat time and on his way to sign for Arsenal:((n)

2 points;
Where's the Street End Clock
When was this taken
Looks cold

Edit:
Just 3 points;
Where's the Street End clock
When was this taken
Looks cold

Edit:
Just 4 points;
Where's the Street End Clock
When was this taken
Looks cold
Bally looks sad, this wasn't when he left was it...looks like it could've been staged - Alan Ball treads Goodison for the last time

Wrecked xmas, New year and my birthday which wasn't till March.
Not sure I ever truelly got over that day.

If you haven't already mate, post any vids of him in the video match thread. I watched a brilliant one where we beat utd who had Best and Charlton playing and Ball is but Young stood out for me that game!

Yep mate, great game of when we were amongst the elite, love looking at the "Old Goodison"the original tinny "Z-Cars",the holy trinity in their pomp,as you say the Golden Vision imperious, the passion of the crowd, and beating a great United side who were Champions and went on to win the European Cup at the end of that season.:)