Old Everton Pictures

Cattericks last great signing.
I read this and thought - surely not...but on further reflection you might be right.

Could it be...and there's many theories and combinations of theories of how we got lose the FA Cup semi, losing to the Greeks and selling Ball...that March 1967 was the real key point - after that, no great*, only poor or average signings.

* Tommy Jackson get a pass

I read this and thought - surely not...but on further reflection you might be right.

Could it be...and there's many theories and combinations of theories of how we got lose the FA Cup semi, losing to the Greeks and selling Ball...that March 1967 was the real key point - after that, no great*, only poor or average signings.

* Tommy Jackson get a pass
Bob Latchford - Andy King - Dave Thomas ? If we had had a bit of rub, they would have won us trophies ...... sorry not signed by Catterick - yes he found it hard to get players Tommy Jackson as you say were his only bargain after HK - the rest were many flops ....too many to mention ....

Last edited:
I wonder if we bought this on Hire Purchase - lol

1659703829674.png

That team under Gordon Lee deserved more than anything , -Bingham took that team on added & still failed - the football was exciting too .....
We were a good keeper from winning the league. Wood, Lawson, Davies. Had we signed Shilton in 74, when we were outbid by £25 grand by Stoke City, we would have won the league in 75 and 78, and maybe even 79.