Old Everton Pictures

April 1969; Everton centre half and captain Brian Labone during England's preparations for the Home Internationals -

1656587193629.png

This would be the best achievement ever...maybe it was the Welsh Cup?
No European UEFA Cup plus if the away goal rule had been in place they would have gone through they had to play a replay at Highbury in a 3rd tie - where they got beat .... Not good enough to manage us ? when begged to go to the Adelphi Hotel to be entered in Everton FC hall of fame - he ate his meal & left - twice we did the dirty on TG Jones ... Everton That -

Last edited:

It was fine...but it's not the "European Cup semi final" and hardly an endorsement to get the Everton job.
Have you read who we hired . Ian Buchan ......an ex PE university coach - who was a disaster .......he used to throw the players off the coach & make them jog to the away ground as fitness was all he knew - 4-0 down at half-time at Leeds & the Everton Captain approached him to state is this why we are super fit boss .....

If you read the TG Jones book the prince of Centre Halves - you will realise how we treated him as a player .....

Dave Hickson scores for Everton against Chelsea -

View attachment 171815

My bible shows Hickson scored two goals v Chelsea 7.9.57 and 29.11.58 and the second of these was with his head so I assume yours is a different angle to the one in my collection scored 7.9.57. It was the first goal he scored for Everton in his second spell with us. My file of this goal is too large
628 29.11.58 Hickson v Chelsea (H) Dave Hickson heads home the first of his brace, Everton's s...jpg
e to download (again) but it let me download the one scored 29.11.58

Covid, weather and all other circumstances permitting I have booked a day trip to Liverpool tomorrow and will spend another several hours at the Liverpool Library archives to, hopefully, get some more new-old photos. I plan to concentrate to the 50s so may have some more Dave Hickson photos to post.