Old Everton Pictures

Aye, I don't imagine many free kicks were scored pre-70s, as it didn't seem a "thing" in the English league before then (started being a lot more common in 80s I'd say). it must have been a cultural thing.

Here's two to start you off : 09.02.65 Pickering v Man Utd (H) FAIRS CUP Fred Pickering fires in a free kick to score in the return home leg of the Fairs Cup against Manchester United

23.11.64 Pickering v Kilmarnock (H) FAIRS CUP Forsyth is left clutching at air as Fred Pickering's free kick tears into the net for Everton's fourth and final goal against Kilmarnock in the Fairs Cup

1066 09.02.65 Pickering v Man Utd (H) FAIRS CUP Fred Pickering fires in a free kick to score i...JPG
1046 23.11.64 Pickering v Kilmarnock (H) FAIRS CUP  Forsyth is left clutching at air as Fred P...JPG

Here's two to start you off : 09.02.65 Pickering v Man Utd (H) FAIRS CUP Fred Pickering fires in a free kick to score in the return home leg of the Fairs Cup against Manchester United

23.11.64 Pickering v Kilmarnock (H) FAIRS CUP Forsyth is left clutching at air as Fred Pickering's free kick tears into the net for Everton's fourth and final goal against Kilmarnock in the Fairs Cup

View attachment 170432
Wow, brilliant, thanks for that. I'd didnt realise Pickering had that in his locker, arguably the most underrated Everton player with future generations (maybe because of 66?)

View attachment 170432View attachment 170433

….vague recollection of being at that Kilmarnock game in ‘64. I recall one game where Pickering went off injured but came back on again bandaged. His goalscoring record is worthy of the highest respect.

1) 27.09.52 Parker v Doncaster (H) John Willie Parker scores his, and the games, first goal

2) 27.09.52 Eglington v Doncaster (H) Tommy Eglington fires home the first of his five goals during a 7-1 victory

3) 27.09.52 Eglington's second v Doncaster (H) Tommy Eglington is out of the picture as his header from a Jimmy Harris cross finds the net for his second of the match

441 27.09.52 Parker v Doncaster (H) John Willie Parker scores his, and the games, first goal.JPG
442 27.09.52 Eglington v Doncaster (H) Tommy Eglington fires home the first of his five goals ...JPG
443 27.09.52 Eglington's second v Doncaster (H) Tommy Eglington is out of the picture as his h...JPG

1) 26.04.58 Harris (J) v Forest (A) Jimmy Harris meets a Walter Fielding corner to head the Blues opener during a 3-0 victory

2) 26.04.58 Harris (B) v Forest (A) Brian Harris meets a Walter Fielding corner to head the Blues second, and the first of his brace

548 26.04.58 Harris (J) v Forest (A) Jimmy Harris meets a Walter Fielding corner to head the B...JPG
549 26.04.58 Harris (B) v Forest (A) Brian Harris meets a Walter Fielding corner to head the B...JPG