Old Everton Pictures

Could cry looking at that Joey looking at the state of our great club these dark days.
Dario I didn't know what to expect that day, I can't remember whether there was anything written in the programme about The presentation of the trophy,
I seem to remember that the Championship trophy wasn't available to us, as there was no guarantee that we would win the league(I may be wrong), I can't
remember if the players did a lap of honour or not. I remember Albert up there in the directors box, he played the last 10 or 11 games due to a Gordon
West injury. We had not won a League title since 1939. I can recall Labby with his hands round a cup and a full house clapping and singing for quite a
while. I'm sure that I cried on that day & 3 years later also. The greatest years of my football life.

1650900858205.png

Very Rare photo of Bally waiting to hear if he had been called up for Englands World Cup Squad 1965

Dario I didn't know what to expect that day, I can't remember whether there was anything written in the programme about The presentation of the trophy,
I seem to remember that the Championship trophy wasn't available to us, as there was no guarantee that we would win the league(I may be wrong), I can't
remember if the players did a lap of honour or not. I remember Albert up there in the directors box, he played the last 10 or 11 games due to a Gordon
West injury. We had not won a League title since 1939. I can recall Labby with his hands round a cup and a full house clapping and singing for quite a
while. I'm sure that I cried on that day & 3 years later also. The greatest years of my football life.
My old fella was there too mate, reckoned there was the rarity of rarities that day, a Roy Vernon header for one of his goals in a hat trick I think:)

1980/81 Rotherham United vs Blackpool - Ronnie Moore and Bally shake hands - I went to School with Ronnie a great sports lad -

View attachment 163495
You can tell who won that match can't yer. Moore grinning like a Cheshire cat and Ball's weak handshake and gritted teeth grimace. In fact Pool took a right pasting and Bally was under real pressure from the board and the fans. A few months after this game he was a goner :(

Last edited:

1650963999988.png

Walter ‘Nobby’ Fielding was a cultured, scheming inside-forward who defied age to spend 14 seasons at EFC after the war, amassing 410 appearances (54 goals). He was just shy of 40 when he left for Southport. He was a popular attendee at Gwladys Street Hall of Fame events.