Old Everton Pictures

26.01.80 McBride v Wigan (H) FA CUP Joe McBride sidefoots home Gary Stanley's low cross to open the scoring against Wigan in the fourth round of the FA Cup
2546 26.01.80 McBride v Wigan (H) FA CUP Joe McBride sidefoots home Gary Stanley's low cross t...jpg

Looking for some HELP. I am getting married in 4 weeks time and looking to get a present for my Dad, Joe McBride. He played for Everton in the 80s. I want to put together something from his debut in 1979 in the home tie vs Feynoord on October 3rd. Does anyone know where any photos from this game might exist?
You could try to get hold of the programme for the following home match v Villa (9th October 1979). They usually had photos of the previous game in them. By the way your dad was a really exciting player especially during the FA Cup run that season.

I

If that's the case why is neither team in their normal colours?
I presume because it's a FA cup semi on neutral ground and with both teams having red as their first strip then they both agreed to change to their second strip rather than a coin toss.
Or maybe some FA ruling back then to ensure no team received a perceived advantage.