Old Everton Pictures

A very good footballer Hunt and a deadly marksman. Hate our neighbours but......credit where credit is due.
I went to his testermonial game had a few beers and a gang of us rd plus blue fans went the days were players needed the cash ....he was a great goal scorer with a good personality for one of them in that era ......
The picture was a toungue in cheek joke, but Brian Harris almost played with no handicap at golf some say he could have taken the game up professionally.......he was that good .......

27th August 1960. Leicester City goalkeeper Gordon Banks punches clear under from Everton's Alex Young the GV as he hangs in the air - at Goodison Park in a 3-1 win for the blues -
View attachment 106514
That date can't be right, Joey, because we didn't sign Alex Young until later that year. I know that because my family migrated to Australia on
November 22nd 1960 and I just missed seeing him.

You've got Kanchelskis scoring for us in 1966, too. He would've been handy, though.

You’re up too late (again!) Joey! That’s Goodison, think it’s probably the 4-1 Sunderland game in 1985?
I was unwell late last night a telephone appointment on November the 3rd with a consultant as my insulin is problematic......ATM ......not going near the hospital because of Covid 19 .....feel a bit better this am , but it needs sorting ....thanks this thread keeps me going thanks to you plus everyone else on this great thread, my. Book collection is getting massive ;)

That date can't be right, Joey, because we didn't sign Alex Young until later that year. I know that because my family migrated to Australia on
November 22nd 1960 and I just missed seeing him.

You've got Kanchelskis scoring for us in 1966, too. He would've been handy, though.
1996 plus the GV did sign later captions are miles out sometimes sorry posting late etc .....

1604134657367.png

I was unwell late last night a telephone appointment on November the 3rd with a consultant as my insulin is problematic......ATM ......not going near the hospital because of Covid 19 .....feel a bit better this am , but it needs sorting ....thanks this thread keeps me going thanks to you plus everyone else on this great thread, my. Book collection is getting massive ;)

Take care, look after yourself ;)