Old Everton Pictures

My late father stated he was the master of the slide tackle?
Certainly was. He'd show the winger the outside then slide in just behind him, hook a leg round the ball...or tbh, as it wasnt frowned upon like it would be now, sometimes leg and ball...but anyway, he'd hook a leg round the ball, and be up smartish heading back up the field...all at full speed mind, almost before the winger knew he'd lost it?
At one stage...60-62ish, he was acknowledged by more than a few as the top RB in the world.
Jock Stein said - give me Parker and Wilson as fullbacks and I'll give you a league title.

Hursty was our first ever substitute........
I went to a game and I'm sure a lad named Rees came on as substitute our first ever, it was August 1965
at the Victoria Ground Stoke the first game of the season we won 2-0. Sorry if I'm not correct but it was
55 years ago.
Rees played against Leeds at right back in Nov.1964.
His one and only game that season.

Rees played against Leeds at right back in Nov.1964.
His one and only game that season.
A
Most certain Debut for Hursty as our first sub as he started of as a forward replacing big Fred who was injured scored and the ref blew the whistle on him .....
What a player Hursty really was for us after that as a converted centre back alongside Labby - plus a good goal scorer.....

1603368910057.jpeg