Old Everton Pictures

23rd January 1971 Henry Newton raises his arm in celebration as he scores in the FA Cup tie with Middlesboro in a 3-0 win for the blues -
1603326323688.png

28 August 1965 NOT A GOAL, but still an important piece of Everton history. John Hurst becomes the first Everton substitute when he replaces the injured Fred Pickering with eight minutes remaining in the away game at Stoke. The final touch of the game came as John Hurst headed a corner into the net only for the referee to rule that he had blown the final whistle before the ball crossed the line.-
1603326615953.png

28 August 1965 NOT A GOAL, but still an important piece of Everton history. John Hurst becomes the first Everton substitute when he replaces the injured Fred Pickering with eight minutes remaining in the away game at Stoke. The final touch of the game came as John Hurst headed a corner into the net only for the referee to rule that he had blown the final whistle before the ball crossed the line.-
View attachment 105543

Clive Thomas??? :p

The story goes that the next time we played Leeds after the story about the Black Book came out, Morrissey 'did' Charlton, turned round to him and said, "Put that in your f*****g book"!
The late great Howard Kendall told me the story of his first day at Bellfield, whilst being shown round by Brian Labone.
Brian said the first piece of advice I will give you son.
"Never take the ball off Morrissey in training"

The story goes that the next time we played Leeds after the story about the Black Book came out, Morrissey 'did' Charlton, turned round to him and said, "Put that in your f*****g book"!
Moggsy seen big zjack putting it about at Goodison all afternoon Bally &Big Joe especially getting kicked plus others - Bally pleaded with him to do something...
We got a free kick Moggsy stormed from his wing ......Bang his head collided with Big Jacks - Jack was strectured off straight to Walton hospital for a brain scan ..Moggsy had the ability to do this & act dead also to get away with it in those days .......Jack always maintained it was a hard tackle over the balll at Elland road ....the article I read in a book related the fact Moggsy knocked him out stone cold was the main reason ........plus putting him in hospital - no subs in those days too......
I also seen Moggsy get done in the first five minutes by Hunter to limp off for the rest of the game with a killer tackle ......
So in those days it went on , but Leeds were champions at it..........