Old Everton Pictures

For @TangerineToffee Toffee sorry but we won 5-0 -
1601316362879.png

your team -
1601316404949.png

Always liked that photo........great stuff.
Imagine football nowadays with only one sub allowed. Like those teams back then........
Didn't we win the league and only used something like about 16 players.
I read the other day that teams have started resting players already after only a few games............imagine telling Alan Ball and co that they were being rested after only a few matches.

Everton V Tottenham 14th of March 1970 Pat Jennings Saves Ball Penalty yet my records show Bally scored a pen in this game in a 3-2 vital win in our Championship run in - I was there I know big Joe won us two pens..... - Big Joe was soon to take that penalty taking job over from him later on -
View attachment 102441
Ball did in fact score from a penalty in this match (photo attached) but failed from the spot later in the game as shown in your photo
1218 14.03.70 Ball v Spurs (H)   Alan Ball scores the second from the penalty spot against Spurs.jpg
to

I was there's very tense game ........memory failing me I know Mike England was penailised twice for hauling Big Joe down from behind back to goal .......I remember we were struggling. ........
Your memory is fading ! From what I can gather I'm about eight years older than you !!!!! I only remember because I am constantly reviewing my photo collection of goals and looking for new ones. ask me about anything other than the Blues and I'm lost.

I was there's very tense game ........memory failing me I know Mike England was penailised twice for hauling Big Joe down from behind back to goal .......I remember we were struggling. ........
Was also there in the Street End. Really don't remember that match. The only two I can remember from the run in were the ones v Chelsea, where we smashed them all over the shop and then the West Brom evening kick off, which I'll never forget. What a bloody night that was. Remember Bally dancing round the pitch once we'd won it and the huge wall of sound from - I think - 57,000 fans. I was young and at that age, I'd never known so much pure joy.

Was also there in the Street End. Really don't remember that match. The only two I can remember from the run in were the ones v Chelsea, where we smashed them all over the shop and then the West Brom evening kick off, which I'll never forget. What a bloody night that was. Remember Bally dancing round the pitch once we'd won it and the huge wall of sound from - I think - 57,000 fans. I was young and at that age, I'd never known so much pure joy.
Oh I never missed a game other than Spurs away ......in London etc -
The Derby at the pit will stay in my mind stood on the Kop boy we hammered them 2-0 played the off the park -
The Chelsea game HK scored after 43 seaconds that was fantastic as you say what a team of pure footballers they really were v top opposition.......
Burnley away in the snow was a hard fought win to I was with unknowingly with @T LEAFE in the Bob Lord Stand with hot air blowing on our feet ........great days ........great team.......