Old Everton Pictures

Three greats for the blues all now sadly deceased - Ray Wilson, Westy, & Fred Pickering
1594210958700.png

Fred Pickering described a striker who “at his rampaging best was an irresistible performer. Though neither outstanding in the air, nor over-physical for a man of his power, nor even particularly past, he could disrupt the tightest of defences with his determined running and a savage right-foot shot that earned him the nickname of ‘Boomer.’ as the noise when he hit the ball so hard made a booming sound - He was our leading goalscorer in Europe until Lukaku pipped him to that record - he was a prolific goal machine......

BLACKBURN, ENGLAND - MARCH 10: Footballer Fred Pickering leaving Ewood Park after completing his £80,0000 transfer from Blackburn Rovers to Everton on March 10, 1964 in Blackburn -
1594211229475.png

The England football squad, UK, 1st January 1964. From left to right, (back row) Bobby Thomson, Roger Hunt, George Cohen, David Sadler, Mike Bailey, and six others. (Front row), manager Alf Ramsey, Ron Flowers, ?, Fred Pickering, Peter Thompson, Jimmy Greaves and John Sissons. -
1594211384825.png

15/ 4 /1968 checked my book without studying the photo we were at home to Sheffield Wednesday winning 1-0 I was at that game too Hurst scored our only goal in a 1-0 win I remember my Uncle saying we were saving ourselves for the FA Cup =doh obviously a wrong caption as I look again it looks like away at Wolves to me?
Blackpool?
West has an away shorts and socks it seems.

The football Everton played under John Carey we finished 5th & he got sacked in the back of a taxi - which we later paid him out of court settlement - his Carey chicks never took off -
Gentleman John Carey -
1594214743537.png

Most of his side helped to win the league in 1963/64-
the clip below showed the style of football we played under him - reports were he was to soft with the players & not as ruthless as is successor turned out to be correct = The Catt

Love that stat. Debut win for the Tangerines against the reds. Of course he did them a few times in Blue too. BFC have a good record against the anfield mob over the years. In the Prem season 2010/11 did them home and away. 2-1 both games. The double :D Another interesting stat emerged recently. In the glorious 30 years between the reds titles, the only team that they never took a point off in all those long years were the mighty Tangerines lol