Old Everton Pictures

1594129320745.png

Have this programme. Not a great programme as programmes go. A little thin and not much readng to it. Were as Mike Lyons testimonial programme was more like a wee booklet. Very good player though.......was Kevin Ratcliffe..

I read in one of Joey's postings the other day that the Echo poll for greatest ever players in each position voted Rats the best in his role. Not a bad choice I would say. What a CV he accumulated in the trophy gold mine of the 1980s.

I read in one of Joey's postings the other day that the Echo poll for greatest ever players in each position voted Rats the best in his role. Not a bad choice I would say. What a CV he accumulated in the trophy gold mine of the 1980s.
We have had many very good centre backs over the years. Ratcliffe was right up there. Can't argue with his medals tally.
Far too many centre backs to mention now. But just from me an honourable mention for two. Maybe not the greatest. But I always enjoyed seeing Mike Lyons and also Derek Mountfield. But as I have said we have had some great centre backs. Holgate might also become a great......

Can't agree. In those days honesty and virtue were the norm in all walks of life, yes even politics.
cannot agree with you. Kay (an Everton player) banned for life because of an alleged match fixing offence while at Sheffield Wednesday. And it's been well published .......he was motm in the alleged bloody match that he was supposed to have fixed......
This whole episode and conviction stinks..
And when were the 1960s the decade of honesty and virtue..........especially politics.