Old Everton Pictures

Yep went to a funeral and got a load of EFC player books back I loaned to my older brother - sad circumstances my cousin had died aged 62 with an aggressive inoperable brain tumour - they gave him 3 months he lasted 5 but went quickly which was a blessing after living his life to the full he was only in London 3 weeks ago to see shows etc with his daughter....
life is so fickle ......
Sorry mate, these are bringing some joy if it helps x

Two blues greats in 1997 -Labby and Brian Harris -
BHBL.jpg

Special Agent John “[Poor language removed]” Barton. Nice tash
View attachment 67944
Shrewd signing by Gordon. Made the leap from non-league to the old 1st Division look easy. Looked to have a bright future with us until he broke his ankle, against Coventry I think. Colin Todd even tipped him for England! John Gidman was signed for a big fee to replace him, but wasn't really much of an improvement.

Shrewd signing by Gordon. Made the leap from non-league to the old 1st Division look easy. Looked to have a bright future with us until he broke his ankle, against Coventry I think. Colin Todd even tipped him for England! John Gidman was signed for a big fee to replace him, but wasn't really much of an improvement.
I seen him in one game , and thought he looked a great prospect - then it tailed off sold to Coventry City - fans on here class him now as a failure never knew about his bad injury, but I kept on hearing he did more than OK playing there....

Mr perpetual motion in action with tons of skill , and goals in his prime, reading the Mersey millionaires book about him and the reason The Catt sold him alledgedy as he stated he would tell the true story one day, but The Catt died suddenly - it was plain as your nose on your face he needed the captaincy taking off him imo when his form dipped with a bad injury as he was upsetting himself, and the dressing room - Westy always stated he was not Captain material in the run in for the title he was, but after that it was so obvious as captain he was poor when the team form dropped off ....sad, but true imo
Yet he was sold with many years left in him he loved EFC!
I was at Stamford Bridge for the Charity Shield match when we beat Chelsea and at one point Bally got really angry and was arguing very loudly
with some of our defenders. I didn't project a very good image of us and it came in the first match after a season when we utterly dominated the league
and a match that we won fgs.

yep it is he and his late father were great blues fans - he did well for himself business wise - he was very brave on that news .....so posting these is a way of thinking of the funeral day and him;)
Hi Joey, glad that these pictures are bringing so much pleasure to others as well as helping you cope with your loss, it's obvious you were fond of him and he sounds like he was a character.
Thanks as usual for the pics Joey I think this is up there as one of the topics on this site which bring back the best memories for proper blues, the old pics often cheer me up on a bad day, and your contribution is invaluable, thanks Joey keep them coming