Old Everton Pictures

Here's Albert catching the ball in 1961-

Here's young Albert stranded in a 2-1 home defeat v Newcastle - his brother Alan nowhere to be seen:D
1957 / 1958 First Division - Everton 1 Newcastle United 2 Newcastle's Arthur Bottom scores goal number two past stranded Everton goalkeeper Albert Dunlop at Goodison Park. 22/02/1958.

whoops not been that well lately might as well been his brother reading the mersey millionaires cant buy you love atm, and what a grass Albert was over the purple hearts scandal drug taking - never realised he died youngish aged 58 yrs old
I worked for him in the eighties for a double glazing firm in Netherton , he tried to stitch me up I ended up cutting him out and working directly for his bosses.
He was a nice enough fella but if he said good morning I would put my pyjamas on and go to bed.

I worked for him in the eighties for a double glazing firm in Netherton , he tried to stitch me up I ended up cutting him out and working directly for his bosses.
He was a nice enough fella but if he said good morning I would put my pyjamas on and go to bed.
Yep he had troubles I believe, Tony Kay did a recent article on him over the purple hearts issue , and was non complementary about Albert - I did see him briefly - you can see why the Catt replaced him quickly as he looked overweight.......
here's a younger photo of him a lot leaner -

Back to Season 1959-60
We got beat 1-0
YOUNG CHOSEN
Liverpool Echo - Thursday 01 December 1960
EVERTON PLAYER LEADS ARMY SIDE
Alex Young, Everton's Scottish international, centre-forward, has been chosen to lead the British Army attack against Middlesbrough at Ayresome Park next Wednesday. Young, who has not played owing to a knee injury sustained when a Hearts player, is not likely to be fit to make his debut for Everton at Goodison Park on Saturday and may well have to miss the Army match at Middleborough.
EVERTON CUP ARRANGEMENT
Liverpool Echo - Thursday 01 December 1960
By Leslie Edwards
For Everton's Cup-tie against Sheffield United at Goodison Park on Saturday, January 7 (3 p.m,) reserved seats will be available at 10s, each for the Goodison Road and Bullens Road stands and 7s 6d for the Gwladys Street stand and the Stanley Park goal stand. Shareholders will be entitled to two tickets each and stand season-ticket holders will be entitled to one ticket each. These must be applied for by post enclosing correct remittance, third round Cup-tie voucher from the season-ticket and a stamped addressed envelope. The envelope containing the application should be marked “Shareholder “or” Season-ticket holder" as the case may be and also "Sheffield United." As the visiting club take a quota from all sections of the stand there is no guarantee that all ticket-holders will be allocated seats in their usual section. A limited number of stand tickets will be available to the public and these must also be applied for by post enclosing remittance and a stamped addressed envelope. The outside of the envelope should be marked "Sheffield United." Postal orders should be left blank in case they have to be returned.

Sheff%20next%20December%202%201960%20echo.png

10-4 10-4 a young inexperienced keeper Albert Dunlop stood in for the injured then our keeper Jimmy O'Neil and here is Bobby Smith of Spurs thumping a header in he got 4 I think in the ten - Jimmy Harris hattrick and Bobby Collins scored for us - It was a game that changed our History as John Moores looked on in shame thinking things have to change , and they did....