Old Everton Pictures

BFMlWK0CQAAIdZN.jpg

evertonc1800.jpg

images

DobboAllo.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

154211356-everton-strikers-dixie-dean-and-tommy-gettyimages.jpg

15197767879_bfedf6997d_o.jpg

.....wonder if that top one is a queue for Cup Final tickets. That's what it was like, could take about 7 hours to get too the front. My old Mum (God bless her)would often go for me but I remember going once in the mid-80s after work, parked and started to walk down Goodidon Rd to get to the back of the queue. As I went past the Box Office a policeman pulled a group from the front of the queue and I submerged into them, straight to the front. I was back in the car in 10mins.

I didnt want to hammer anybody, i was replying to Reidy who said there would have been carnage as there was when they played Man Unt, and i saying they would have got more than they bargained for in Rotterdam if they had tried that,and am glad we played rapid instead because it was a good day all around.
I had a Celtic and Everton bobble hat myself at the time, looked out for there results till i went to the testimonial up there the 2-2 game and had to listen to we hate the English for about 15 minutes of the game, and there fans trying it on , with some of are fans coming out of the stand, admittedly they were in a minority as most we had been in contact with during the day were decent people, we were in two pubs right by the jungle no problem at all, but it finished me from any affinity i had with them, being RC i had favoured them over Rangers , had even been up to Anfield to see them play the rs.
Rangers fans at Goodision for the Watson game seemed to be from all over the Uk and some were intent on trouble, till they got it, liked to start it but couldnt back it it up, outside the Brick, and later on in goodision rd just did a runner till the coppers showed up, not my favourite club at all, dont like the bigotry of either side as i have got older and havnt any time for either of them, saying that have got mates from both clubs who dont go in for any of it just the football, so its not all of them.
Over the years i have seen Fans of both clubs and others at are games and nobody has bothered them at all so long as the just have a good day out.
I'm so sorry that your experience at Celtic park was a bad one. Some Irish songs curse England and I can only assume that some goby young uneducated idiots haven't grasped the fact that these songs are cursing the English establishment and not the people. I can almost guarantee that there would have been some wee neds barred that night, as the camera presence nowadays , would mean these morons would have been identified. I was in hospital at the time, had I been there ,I would have been screaming at the dafties to shut the F up as I imagine quite a few people were. I know there are good and bad fans on both sides of the Glasgow divide ( I grew up with friends and it didn't matter to me who they supported), although most neutrals in the city agree that the philosophy of the sevco support is very right wing and divisive. I also apologize if I caused you any offence. cheers, and hope we are both smiling tomorrow

.....wonder if that top one is a queue for Cup Final tickets. That's what it was like, could take about 7 hours to get too the front. My old Mum (God bless her)would often go for me but I remember going once in the mid-80s after work, parked and started to walk down Goodidon Rd to get to the back of the queue. As I went past the Box Office a policeman pulled a group from the front of the queue and I submerged into them, straight to the front. I was back in the car in 10mins.

Yeah, I did 1 of those queue's in 80's .... 87 Cup Final I think, got there about 1 and was about where the ticket office is now on Goodison Rd so only had to get along half of the main stand but they didn't start selling until 5, still took us about an hour and half after that !! after we'd got them a policewoman in the ticket off ice advised that we should stick 'em down our kecks.
Most of the Finals before that Eavesway used to sort the tickets for us & then they brought in that if you had a non Merseyside Postcode you could apply by post.

The semi against that lot the other year there were similar queue's just to collect the things after having purchased online, I turned into Bullens & heard my name from near the front of the queue, was made up !! 10 mins & done, in fact I'd parked in the Park End car park & the Steward asked was I not bothering as I went back to the car, Kin'ell lad I couldn't have got 'em that quick & I've got a club coat on.

Our GOT goes back to the early 60s, then went to a pub song til the mid 80s when it came back in. When you watch back on the Villa 84 Milk Cup away match and the Anfield Sharp derby you can hear it getting sung.

Watching back on the Rotterdam match I don't remember hearing GOT but you can actually hear Fields of Athenry getting sung later on it the first half. Probably the Celtic version but it could've been the Everton Rangers version.
There is no Celtic version of The Fields of Athenry. It is an Irish folk song about the potato famine of 1845 in which over one million people died. The first time it was sung at a sporting event was when the Ireland fans started singing it in the 1990 world cup. The writer of the song Pete St John sang it on the pitch at Celtic Park in 1991,and it has been sang there ever since. Later in the nineties rangers fans started singing a song ( the guns of the uvf), which was crassly sung to the tune of The Fields of Athenry. Eufa fined rangers when this was sung at their games. 'Fans' caught singing this monstrosity at ibrox park are now given life bans. The rs sing a version called The fields of anfield road which I feel shows the self obsessed, narcissistic nature of your typical kopite thickoid. The song is is so pathetic, it is really just laughable. The Fields of Athenry was most certainly not sang at the 1985 cup winners cup final. There is no Everton version.

No doubt Individually excellent as our Scottish cousins are, this whole rangers / celtic thing is (religiously ) tainted, I really think we ought to swerve it.
I agree this is not a thread for Celtic stuff. I answered a couple of posts, and will now leave it free for the old Everton photos. cheers

There is no Celtic version of The Fields of Athenry. It is an Irish folk song about the potato famine of 1845 in which over one million people died. The first time it was sung at a sporting event was when the Ireland fans started singing it in the 1990 world cup. The writer of the song Pete St John sang it on the pitch at Celtic Park in 1991,and it has been sang there ever since. Later in the nineties rangers fans started singing a song ( the guns of the uvf), which was crassly sung to the tune of The Fields of Athenry. Eufa fined rangers when this was sung at their games. 'Fans' caught singing this monstrosity at ibrox park are now given life bans. The rs sing a version called The fields of anfield road which I feel shows the self obsessed, narcissistic nature of your typical kopite thickoid. The song is is so pathetic, it is really just laughable. The Fields of Athenry was most certainly not sang at the 1985 cup winners cup final. There is no Everton version.
Lazy typing by me saying Celtic version, I know they do the original. If you listen to the DVD of the Rapid Vienna final in 85, around the37, 38 min Mark you can hear it sung, you have to have the volume up loud. Everton done a fathers advice, not sure of the year but early enough to make me wonder if fathers advice is based on ours. Liverpool ripped off of a different Everton version for theirs.

I'm so sorry that your experience at Celtic park was a bad one. Some Irish songs curse England and I can only assume that some goby young uneducated idiots haven't grasped the fact that these songs are cursing the English establishment and not the people. I can almost guarantee that there would have been some wee neds barred that night, as the camera presence nowadays , would mean these morons would have been identified. I was in hospital at the time, had I been there ,I would have been screaming at the dafties to shut the F up as I imagine quite a few people were. I know there are good and bad fans on both sides of the Glasgow divide ( I grew up with friends and it didn't matter to me who they supported), although most neutrals in the city agree that the philosophy of the sevco support is very right wing and divisive. I also apologize if I caused you any offence. cheers, and hope we are both smiling tomorrow
No offence mate, I was ok up there myself a rather large copper had adopted me before the game,we were about to go into the jungle ;as one of the locals had said it was are end,that would have been fun,copper said its bandit country in there lads,come this way,and that was it everytime we moved he was there
After the match we could see a group of celtic trying it on with a group coming out of the stand and were getting a bit excited over it when he popped up again, calm down lads they wouldn't need your help,he was right more came out the stand and legged the offending fans.
He was one scary man that copper huge ,old school way about him ,pleasant but got the feeling he could turn nasty ..
Something I found strange at the time was talking to a couple of lads in the pub was that they were protestant and celtic fans said they were from around there and just supported them, thinking about it was them who told us to go into the jungle the swines
Sorry just giving a reply will leave it now.

Lazy typing by me saying Celtic version, I know they do the original. If you listen to the DVD of the Rapid Vienna final in 85, around the37, 38 min Mark you can hear it sung, you have to have the volume up loud. Everton done a fathers advice, not sure of the year but early enough to make me wonder if fathers advice is based on ours. Liverpool ripped off of a different Everton version for theirs.
There was a lad on kipper,used to collect all the Everton songs through the years, havnt heard anything from him for a while but wish he posted on here as there was some intresting ones.