Old Everton Pictures

Our home replay my late father , and older brother came home in dis belief expecting a win stating we were luck to have a third chance - they came back from the third replay far much satisfied even though that was a hard game also they went to the three games......
Some great performances in those three games, Ray Wilson having Mike Summerbee in his pocket the first game, John
Crossan standing out for City in the second game and thousands of Everton supporters roaring the Blues on in the game at Wolves making it seem like a home game as goals from Temple and Pickering sent us through to the semi final and still not a goal scored against us after six games in the FA cup that year.

I can always remember then co commentator Ron Atkinson said about Reidy that night - a world class performance in midfield ;)
Was it on both Bbc and itv joe because as a kid I will always remember Brian clough giving us so much praise in commentary that night about how great a team we were .And if you got praise from clough you deserved it

9th August 1971 Johnny Morrissey scores Everton's second during aa pre-season 3-1 victory over Nathania Maccabi -

ITV probally as Ron Atkinson deffo stated it always remember such a tribute.....
One of two things that night that was disappointing, on getting home i put the video tape on to watch it and the Dutch had blocked most of the crowd noise out of there broadcast didn't give a true reflection of the atmosphere in the ground. the other being to bevvied to recall much of the night except the goals and the final whistle:pint2::blush:

15th October 1963 Leaving goalkeeper Hodgkinson spread-eagled on the ground behind him, Alex Young cuts between Summers and Coldwell to open Everton's scoring against Sheffield United - in a 4-1 Blues win - the GV scored a brace that day -