Old Everton Pictures

Joey66

Player Valuation: £70m
Mike Trebilcock was just 24 when he signed for Everton from Plymouth Argyle, a dream move for a player who had played for non-League Tavistock just a couple of years earlier.

Bedford Hotel, Tavistock: At the end of this month Mike Trebilcock will marry his childhood sweetheart, Ginny, nearly 52 years after they parted. He transferred suddenly to Liverpool in his teens and left Ginny behind without getting to say goodbye. Rachael Dodd
It did, however, put an end to his relationship with girlfriend Ginny.
However he made headlines in 2016 after re-kindling with his first love and the pair became engaged to be married.

McMagic

Player Valuation: £8m
A boyhood Blue, Cliff Marshall was the first black Liverpudlian to play for Everton F.C.

Born in 1955 he grew up in Stanhope Street in Toxteth.

....actually thought he was a touch older than that but it must be right.
I met Cliff Marshall in Prescot waiting outside an electrical shop to open, I never knew him, we were there 3 or 4 minutes and got talking, he told
me that he played for Everton, of course I realised who he was then, I said that I saw him in the Plymouth game 40 years previous, we had a chuckle.
Nice bloke, I didn't know about his Mum running the Gladray, If we got 'rained off' on the building of a friday, we always went down 'Parly Street' to
see Gloria, must have been around 68 to 73. Used to go to ' the Nige' (The Nigerian) I think.We had some laughs there, no trouble ever.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £70m
Ole Handball Hansen managed to lift his arm to that Pen...that was never given - again.
....if I remember rightly the referee was called Robinson and just a week or so later he refereed a game i played in London. Of course, I mentioned the incident to him and he wasn’t at all pleased. As we walked off the pitch at the end of the match he said something along the lines of “you can’t give what you don’t see”. He was miffed, though.

wilfjacko

Player Valuation: £8m
....if I remember rightly the referee was called Robinson and just a week or so later he refereed a game i played in London. Of course, I mentioned the incident to him and he wasn’t at all pleased. As we walked off the pitch at the end of the match he said something along the lines of “you can’t give what you don’t see”. He was miffed, though.
Apparently you can...
Ask Clive Thomas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.